New tool thread - Dorkiphus.net

Other Technical Discussions A place for technical discussions NOT related to Porsche or BMW. Other makes, home DIY, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Now known as Robbie's dad

TurboPooch

I bought this little guy out of frustration and it has proven its worth.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D6YDQNH...roduct_details

I was working on the wife's Audi A3 to replace a servo motor on the HVAC system that had crapped out and air was not going where it needed to. The servo in question was way up in there and attached with two torx bit screws. It was impossible to get anything thicker than about an inch on the screw. This little fella allow you to put just the torx bit in it making it nice and thin. By holding it with your thumb and middle finger and with your ring finger in the loop on the end and your little finger outside, it won't slip out of your hand and you can get enough torque on it to loosen the bolts. Once loose, the thumbwheel is used to loosen the screw quickly. Same for reinstallation since the ratchet can be reversed with the lever. Great little tool for working in tight spaces. Comes with a 1/4 socket adapter as well.

89 944 Turbo Race car
85.5 944 NA son's 2015/2019/2020 944Cup and PCA Nat'l Champ racecar
94 968 1 of 11 Iris blue coupes
92 968 1 of 2 Tahoe Blue Cabriolets
98 993 C2S w/Aerokit II
77 911S Vintage race car project
70 Boss 302
86 Mustang SVO
08 F250 SD Diesel
15 Audi SQ5

"Noel spun! Noel spun! Don't do anything stupid, Dad." -the boy on the radio on the last lap of NASA race as the second place car spins behind me in T5 at Summit Point.