What car do you most regret selling? - Page 6 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » What car do you most regret selling?

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 08-17-2020, 12:38 PM

cmartin

^ cool stories!

A neighbor growing up was into dirt circle track racing. As a kid I remember it being cool but my folks hated the noise, make sense now. But, talking to him a few years ago he had a bunch of shoulda coulda stories. Seems some of the $$$ muscle cars today also made great parts cars for the dirt track guys. He had a ton of classic iron scrapped because he sold a rear, engine, subframe... to make a few hundred. This was the 80s, who wants a old gas guzzler?
Old 08-19-2020, 03:18 PM

Uncle ENzo

Looks like BAT has been creeping Dorki. https://bringatrailer.com/2020/08/19...you-had-saved/
2024 Integra 6spd
2021 CX-9
1998 M Roadster - Sold
2021 Taco - Sold
2009 E91 Touring - Sold
2005 S$ Avant - Sold
2007 Carerra S - Sold
1976 911S - Sold
Acura MDX - Dead
2000 e39 528i/5 - Sold
Old 08-20-2020, 02:40 PM
cocainemakesyouthinner

}{arlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clay View Post
None. I regret that I hang onto cars.
ditto. i've had cars stolen though...
i used to drove, you've probably never heard of me
Old 08-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Professional coach

Rob in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3000 View Post
2016 GT4

Both of these required lots of care and feeding, the main reason that they were kicked to the curb.
What about the GT4 made it require much care?

BMW Spec E46 #609

BMW specE30 #609

2004 911 GT3 - Seal Grey
Old 08-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Now known as Robbie's dad

TurboPooch

Not one that I sold but thought of it as partially mine. Back in late 1980's my cousin of the same age had a 1967 Camaro SS396/375, 4 speed with air and one of 300 big block cars built that year. I grew up in that car when we got our licenses and put a lot of ornery miles on that car. When he moved he BEGGED me to buy that car from him for $2000 but I was in college and didn't have the cash. I local car salesman bought it and when I see it occasionally I so wish it was sitting in my garage.

89 944 Turbo Race car
85.5 944 NA son's 2015/2019/2020 944Cup and PCA Nat'l Champ racecar
94 968 1 of 11 Iris blue coupes
92 968 1 of 2 Tahoe Blue Cabriolets
98 993 C2S w/Aerokit II
77 911S Vintage race car project
70 Boss 302
86 Mustang SVO
08 F250 SD Diesel
15 Audi SQ5

"Noel spun! Noel spun! Don't do anything stupid, Dad." -the boy on the radio on the last lap of NASA race as the second place car spins behind me in T5 at Summit Point.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:06 AM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in VA View Post
What about the GT4 made it require much care?
I purchased it after tracking a modified 914 for several years. I was ready for plug and play and not looking to make any changes or improvements to a new car. Expectations were for a car that was ready to go out of the box. The car required a few modifications to the suspension in order to settle down on the track, nothing major just more than I wanted to do to a brand new car. Early cars had issues with transmissions, turned out to be an a parts supplier for third gear but this was not widely known at the time. A few cars had issues with front struts. I also ran into some complications with the fuel system on my particular car. It wasn’t a big deal but more than I wanted to deal with.

For the money this car was and still is a bargain, I just wanted more

The dealership experience was fantastic but after tracking a modified car for years, I was looking for simple.

IMHO: The GT3 Touring is perfect right out of the box

If I have the opportunity I would absolutely take another bite at the GT4. Make mine an RS the second time around

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche or two

Last edited by Patrick3000; 08-21-2020 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Pictures
Old 08-21-2020, 09:24 AM

John Clay

Karl's comment about plug and play for track resonates with me. Back when I was considering getting back to the track, I looked at the newer (5-8 y/o) Porsche line up, and nothing came across as being truly track ready. Other than front control arms, I ran my fo fo without issue completely stock for years. Disappointing really.
2013 Scion FR-S
Old 08-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Addict

Fritz has one HoF thread

My '83 Zermatt silver 944. NOT While it was my first 'Porsche' I don't miss it that much.

I think it has to be the '59 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite.

The bugeye was a blast to drive, but it was anemic in power and a deathtrap on DC roads with all the SUVs around here. That and it would require more capital to restore it than it would ever be worth. Maybe one day I'll find a big healey that's ready to go.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Addict

Fritz has one HoF thread

Quote:

1970 911t converted to a short hood.

They all made room for a some very nice cars
I'm glad you sold the 1970! It's not looking like a short hood as much these days. A hood would be nice though.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Professional coach

Rob in VA

Quote:
I purchased it after tracking a modified 914 for several years. I was ready for plug and play and not looking to make any changes or improvements to a new car. Expectations were for a car that was ready to go out of the box. The car required a few modifications to the suspension in order to settle down on the track, nothing major just more than I wanted to do to a brand new car. Early cars had issues with transmissions, turned out to be an a parts supplier for third gear but this was not widely known at the time. A few cars had issues with front struts. I also ran into some complications with the fuel system on my particular car. It wasn’t a big deal but more than I wanted to deal with.

For the money this car was and still is a bargain, I just wanted more

The dealership experience was fantastic but after tracking a modified car for years, I was looking for simple.

IMHO: The GT3 Touring is perfect right out of the box

If I have the opportunity I would absolutely take another bite at the GT4. Make mine an RS the second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clay View Post
Karl's comment about plug and play for track resonates with me. Back when I was considering getting back to the track, I looked at the newer (5-8 y/o) Porsche line up, and nothing came across as being truly track ready. Other than front control arms, I ran my fo fo without issue completely stock for years. Disappointing really.

Thanks for sharing that info. Makes sense. Did you sell your car on bat?

BMW Spec E46 #609

BMW specE30 #609

2004 911 GT3 - Seal Grey