Shots fired at Summit point today? - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Shots fired at Summit point today?

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak View Post
That's your plan? Hoping track management is gonna ride to your rescue? You expect a private army to be there to protect you every day of the week?

What of there's no training that weekend? I mean they have days off too you know.

Maybe the gate girls carry MAC 10s?

Guess we don't need to call the sheriff then!

I don't feel compelled to pack heat at the track either to be honest but your plan is a really bad plan.
Sorry there chief, pull you panties out of the crack. I said nothing about having a plan. If a shooter was at the track I would probably get in my fuching car and drive away.

Am I supposed to have an active shooter plan for everywhere I am? Is that what you are thinking every time you go somewhere? What an odd way to live.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 07-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Have a Grateful day

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
If a shooter was at the track I would probably get in my fuching car and drive away.
Dumb plan. Your too damn slow in that car.

'19 991 GT3 RS Weissach
'08 997 PCA H class
'89 930 Targa
'18 F150 Raptor
'16 991 GT3 RS
'18 991 GT2 RS
'16 AMG GT S
'10 997 GT3 RS
'07 997 GT3
'09 Aston Martin DBS
'96 993 H Class
'14 F150 Raptor
Old 07-12-2020, 08:14 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Sorry there chief, pull you panties out of the crack. I said nothing about having a plan. If a shooter was at the track I would probably get in my fuching car and drive away.

Am I supposed to have an active shooter plan for everywhere I am? Is that what you are thinking every time you go somewhere? What an odd way to live.
Welp, if you ignore that evil walks among us then you are the odd one. You have been watching the news right? Riots and cities on fire. The world is a dangerous place. Who knows what or who the next target will be.

Assuming you would have the option to get in your car and leave is just silly. Suppose said lunatic parks a pickup truck blocking the bridge . . .

Kind of ironic that BSR runs training programs, as you referenced, for the very thing you are belittling me for. The very same people you expect to save you per your prior comment. You better hope they have a plan since you don't. They can have a plan but if I think about this stuff I wear panties? The one in panties is the one hoping someone else will handle the danger for them.

And if a property owner or event organizer willfully denies us the most effective means by which to defend ourselves then they better have an active shooter plan. Just ask MGM
Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/user/Streak986

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

"If you need to focus maybe you should buy the book and take it home" - MLIN

Last edited by SilverStreak; 07-12-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:36 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Pretty easy to not worry about the bridge being blocked, as all you need to do is drive around the track to T5-T8 to get out. Or go down to skid pad and over to Jefferson.

So please entertain me -- do you set up an active shooter plan for everywhere you go?

Not really worried about the rioters, as they are largely the anti-gun people.

As far a belittling, you got very aggressive in your post, so you set the tone.

Also, since Summit Point is private property, don't they have the right to set the rules? And then PCA can add more on top. No one is forced to attend these events as far as I know, so anyone who does not like the rules/ restrictions can opt to not attend events there.

I'm not a left-leaning person, but I also am not far-right. I have never owned a gun, but I have shot pistols, shot guns, rifles, and a couple automatic weapons (all for target/ fun). I have no issues with gun ownership, and fully support the rights of people to own multiple guns. But I do worry about potentially mentally-unstable people owning them and bringing them to gatherings.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:00 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Pretty easy to not worry about the bridge being blocked, as all you need to do is drive around the track to T5-T8 to get out. Or go down to skid pad and over to Jefferson.

So please entertain me -- do you set up an active shooter plan for everywhere you go?

Not really worried about the rioters, as they are largely the anti-gun people.

As far a belittling, you got very aggressive in your post, so you set the tone.

Also, since Summit Point is private property, don't they have the right to set the rules? And then PCA can add more on top. No one is forced to attend these events as far as I know, so anyone who does not like the rules/ restrictions can opt to not attend events there.

I'm not a left-leaning person, but I also am not far-right. I have never owned a gun, but I have shot pistols, shot guns, rifles, and a couple automatic weapons (all for target/ fun). I have no issues with gun ownership, and fully support the rights of people to own multiple guns. But I do worry about potentially mentally-unstable people owning them and bringing them to gatherings.
Did I accuse you of being odd or wearing panties? Did I call you chief? You set the tone with your retort to Clarke totally out of the blue.

Talk about aggressive.

But look what you did! You thought about alternative escape routes. You planned for the worst.

Do you plan for emergencies? Of course you do. I'm guessing you have a jack and a lug wrench and a spare in all your cars right? Why?

You clearly ignored the AK's being handed out of a car trunk in CHOP/CHAZ and the shootings and the armed protestors at Stone Mountain a few weeks ago and the several hundred people shot around the country during these "protests." You might be very surprised to know that Antifa is super pro 2A. The rallied in Richmond with us last January.

To answer your question, it depends on where I'm going. For example if I'm going to the movies with my wife and daughter you are damned right I'm thinking about it and prepared.

I never said that SP or PCA couldn't make rules. Though I'm not sure why they would feel the need to at the PCA level. How many PCA events have been shot up? And if they allow guns you have the very same option not attend right? I do believe that if they make these rules then they assume some liability if the worst happens.

As far as an unstable person bringing a gun to a PCA event I'll ask, how many times has a "no guns" sign stopped a lunatic?

Gun free zones have been proven, tragically, to be enticing targets for the very thing you are worried about though you thought I was odd for being worried about it.
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

“That’s how people like you work. Your ego is so out of whack that it will do what ever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they’re awesome when really they are just douche bags” - Kyle, South Park

Old 07-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

I'm not sure what we are debating then, as it sounds like we are in agreement.

By the way, the intent of Clarke's OP was about as clear as mud to me.

And I have never planned anything related to an emergency at Summit Point. As it became apparent this thread was about 'what if there was a shooter at SP', vs 'some idiot local across the street almost killed someone' the first thing that popped into my mind was someone would have to be stupid to try and do anything at a place like SP where everyone has fast cars and can quickly/ easily drive a mile away. That's just common sense.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:17 PM

SilverStreak

I don't think it's that simple. If there is an event at the main track and Shenandoah there could be a few hundred cars all trying to drive away at the same time.

Thats not going to go well. In fact that funnels targets in to a nice neat little bottleneck

Think DC sniper or the school shooters from Jonesboro, Arkansas who set up outside the school, pulled the fire alarm and shot the kids one by one as they came out the door.

Bottlenecks are bad. Both tracks full are a whole lot of cars trying to do exactly what you are trying to do. In a panic.

Something to think about. Might not be common sense after all
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

Old 07-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
Did I accuse you of being odd or wearing panties? Did I call you chief? You set the tone with your retort to Clarke totally out of the blue.

Talk about aggressive.

But look what you did! You thought about alternative escape routes. You planned for the worst.

Do you plan for emergencies? Of course you do. I'm guessing you have a jack and a lug wrench and a spare in all your cars right? Why?

You clearly ignored the AK's being handed out of a car trunk in CHOP/CHAZ and the shootings and the armed protestors at Stone Mountain a few weeks ago and the several hundred people shot around the country during these "protests." You might be very surprised to know that Antifa is super pro 2A. The rallied in Richmond with us last January.

To answer your question, it depends on where I'm going. For example if I'm going to the movies with my wife and daughter you are damned right I'm thinking about it and prepared.

I never said that SP or PCA couldn't make rules. Though I'm not sure why they would feel the need to at the PCA level. How many PCA events have been shot up? And if they allow guns you have the very same option not attend right? I do believe that if they make these rules then they assume some liability if the worst happens.

As far as an unstable person bringing a gun to a PCA event I'll ask, how many times has a "no guns" sign stopped a lunatic?

Gun free zones have been proven, tragically, to be enticing targets for the very thing you are worried about though you thought I was odd for being worried about it.
I have been a gun owner, gunsmith and all around user of long and hand guns since the 1970s. I had one of the first CCPs in FFC and helped lead the fight for “shall”. The modern gun rights people like you concern me. Your desire for a gun is driven from instilled fear.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:16 PM

SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
I have been a gun owner, gunsmith and all around user of long and hand guns since the 1970s. I had one of the first CCPs in FFC and helped lead the fight for “shall”. The modern gun rights people like you concern me. Your desire for a gun is driven from instilled fear.
Not that your opinion matters much if at all but I do find your comment laughable with a touch of hypocrisy.

I've been a gun owner, bird hunter since I was 13. I was on my high school rifle team. I've been an avid skeet/trap/sporting clay shooter for over 3 decades.

Because I also choose to own guns for self defense I concern you?

I'm the last person who should concern you because I take gun ownership seriously. I have taken the time and spent the money to get trained to use both pistols and rifles effectively and safely in self defense scenarios. I did the same for shotgunning. Rather than just running around with a gun I'm the guy who takes the responsibility seriously enough to get more than a little bit of instruction.

And it's not fear, it's understanding reality. The Sheriff isn't getting to my house for at least 10 minutes and more likely closer to 15. I bet if someone was kicking in your back door at 2 am you would grab your gun right? Out of fear or with the full understanding that your self defense in that moment is 100% up to you?

But me wanting to defend myself and my family is a problem. You do it the "right" way?

I roll my eyes at you and your smug assumptions. Seriously
Vimeo

1999 SPB #611
2004 Wrangler

Last edited by SilverStreak; 07-12-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:47 AM

N Fotouhi

Quote:
But me wanting to defend myself and my family is a problem. You do it the "right" way?

I roll my eyes at you and your smug assumptions. Seriously
It is not your right to be gun owner, but your attitude that you perceive every real or imagined situation as a threat requiring you to go into your bunker mentality that is the what is a concern to me about self-defense crowd. Many examples of stand your ground out there.
Nobody was shooting at people and cars at the track. The people were target shooting on private property thinking there is a nature barrier to keep their bullets from going beyond the property. They were wrong.
The cops did not beam in, so took them a while to get there. They did not arrest anyone because they were shooting on private property and not intending harm. There were over a 100 people at the track, none were scared due to a threat and hiding as far as I can tell.
It is not people who carry or oppose to carrying that bothers me, it is the political BS soap box which both sides get on (as is evident buy this thread and you jumping in) that is tiresome.

There are 3 sides to every story. Mine, yours, and the truth.

91 944 S2 - Mine, Sold
7? 914-6 Vintage racer - Mine
93 964 - Not mine
95 993 - Hers - Sold and will be missed
04 GT3 - ours? Doing double duties at DE, anyway
06 987 - Hers - plan to let son use for DE - My DIY
A few others
Closed Thread