Car stability - Page 9 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Car stability

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:19 PM

BrianP

Most helpful and informative bashing thread ever!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
Most helpful and informative bashing thread ever!
haha -- newbie! You weren't even a gleam in your pop's eye when a cowboy named TD used to get things stirred up 'round here on a regular basis.

Of course there are lots of great Wemple-bashing thread here these days, but I can't say that they are informative

- 2024 is the year, beeches...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM

Landjet

And let's keep the bashing going because so far all I've learned is I'm a hack driver, I don't know how my own car feels, I'm slow as hell, and I should never tweak on the car because then you never learn how to drive. Except for Toby's, Tony's and Fatih's input, it's been more like a 15 to 1 tag team wrestling match with me getting the chair over the head.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Have a Grateful day

Ryan

Larry - While yes, a lot of people enjoy bashing you in the Dorki way, there has been a lot of useful information you should absorb. If 99.9% of the peeps out there are saying the same thing (many with tons of experience), and it differs from you, maybe you should heed the advice. It's kinda like a tenager who thinks he knows everything and defies what adults tell them. Then years later they go "man I was such an idiot back then, they were right", and find themselves giving the same advice they ignored years ago.

'19 991 GT3 RS Weissach
'08 997 PCA H class
'89 930 Targa
'18 F150 Raptor
'16 991 GT3 RS
'18 991 GT2 RS
'16 AMG GT S
'10 997 GT3 RS
'07 997 GT3
'09 Aston Martin DBS
'96 993 H Class
'14 F150 Raptor
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM

Landjet

That I can appreciate because I don't know the subtleties of car set up. I am that teenager you speak of. I don't think I know everything but what I'm hearing in some cases doesn't jive with what I have experienced. Trouble is I'm not going to set my bars where they make me feel unsafe, even if it takes me more time to understand it. Dave, George, and some of the others have never been in my car. Most of my recent instructors have told me my car feels good and I think it feels good mostly, but I'm always looking for improvement. I guess what they are saying is the car has improved but the driver is still the same.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 PM

BrianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landjet View Post
Most of my last few instructors have told me my car feels good and I think it feels good mostly, but I'm always looking for improvement.
Sounds like you need to learn to drive the car at 100% of its capabilities before you need any "improvements". Whats the point of wasting the time to increase the threshold of its abilities if your not anywhere close to driving your car at said limit?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landjet View Post
Dave, George, and some of the others have never been in my car. Most of my recent instructors have told me my car feels good and I think it feels good mostly, but I'm always looking for improvement.
Then why not solicite info solely from those who have been in your car? Seriously, you seemed to ask from feedback from everyone in DorkiLand, yet you feel 98% of it is not valid.

Also, with respect to the 'hack' comment someone made earlier, he was basically referring to pretty much everyone who is not a sought-after, paid pro driver -- himself included.

At the end of the day, you need to try and articulate things better when asking questions -- which I pointed out several times already in this thread. You said your car is unstable, and you asked about stiffer springs to 'cure' the 'problem'. What I've seen in response is most people telling you that isn't the best thing to try at this point.

But if that's what you want to do, then by all means proceed. Just don't get your ponytail in a wad when people here refuse to validate your 'solution'. At the end of the day, you are going to do it no matter what anyone here says, so why bother asking in the first place?

- 2024 is the year, beeches...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Essential Personnel

VaSteve has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{arlequin View Post
this thread reminds me a bit of td's threads
Yes. But with the OP actually learning anything, LOL.

Larry, search this board around March or 2005. Search on 'tires' or 'brakes'. Now that was a shitfest. This is pedestrian by comparison.

Next time you do an event and the skid pad is open, have Roundel Bob ride with you and really show you over and understeer to cement your knowledge and align your understanding of the terms.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM

Landjet

I've been on the skid pad with Bob.

Last edited by Landjet; 05-19-2010 at 09:21 PM.