For Sale: 1980 911 SC Targa - Page 3 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted » For Sale: 1980 911 SC Targa

Porsche & BMW Cars For Sale/Wanted Post For Sale or WTB adds for Porsche & BMW cars here. Strictly moderated.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 PM

thomschoon

I have been out of town so I tried to stay out of this one, the 986 is not a SC, I have both and am thinking of getting rid of the SC as I seem to only drive the 986. The reasons I prefer the 986 are simple, AC, comfort, power, drivability. The quote:

Boxster is also good cause your wife can drive it.

Is one of my favorites as you do get the chick car insults from many 911 guys, and they are right. I would prefer that my wife drove a car that had bigger brakes, more HP, and handled better then most of the early 911's as it would be safer Upgrades are also a bit cheaper as you can buy a complete suspension pack for the ROW 030 for $999, GT-3 camber arms are another $500 and then you could probaly put on bigger brakes and sell the old ones to a 911 owner so he can upgrade, but why? Get an "S" and enjoy it as they are a great car, just a bit more modern and therefore different. They also are no more difficult to work on then a 911, in many cases actually easier you just need to buy a $20 code reader.

Take care

Thom
'96 Argo Formula Asia (similar to F3 but with DOHC 2 liter)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Tito

86911TLCAB

Rıch I would keep the car and deal wıth a lıttle sweat durıng the summer...just roll down the wındows and go a lıttle faster...good luck decıdıng...tıto
Old 05-23-2007, 05:11 PM

Jim Coffman

IMHO, keep the SC and find an early 996 if you can find a way to do it. The SC will be more fun on the track and those wonderful Spring and Fall days you can drive with the top off and enjoy nature, the mechanical noise you are making and the connectedness that come only with the early cars. The 996 is track ready but faster than I care to go for now. I'd rather be challenged by a momentum car (SC) on the track than go scary-fast from corner to corner in the 996. My 996 is a wonderful road and city car and can't be beaten for comfort, performance and convenience. I keep toying with selling the SC for financial reasons (as a retired Fed) but when the temptation gets too strong, I fire up the SC, hit MD 109 and, in half an hour, rationality disappears and the temptation passes.
'84 Carrera Coupe (track)(crunch)
'84 325e (gone after 31 yrs.)
'04 Cayenne S
'15 Cadillac ATS4 2.0T