Putting a 2 post lift 3/4 the way up a mountainside. - Page 7 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Putting a 2 post lift 3/4 the way up a mountainside.

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Most Courteous Driver

edevinney

Lovely photo.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 AM

Vicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threads

Snow day. Stella the Mastiff pup in dog seeking missile mode has locked in on Otto. There was an explosion of snow and dog legs about 1 second after this was taken. Was laughing too hard to take an "after" shot.
Attached Images

The mountains are calling and I must go.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)
Old 02-21-2019, 05:37 PM
Building a Worm Hole.....

HoodPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
Snow day. Stella the Mastiff pup in dog seeking missile mode has locked in on Otto. There was an explosion of snow and dog legs about 1 second after this was taken. Was laughing too hard to take an "after" shot.
Ha ha! I can only imagine the aftermath.

Reminded me of a "way too lucky" photo I took many years ago at one of our Boy Scout outings.

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 1989 944S2
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (the wife's)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 1979 RX7 enduro
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)

Gone but not forgotten
- 1986 944 (under new mgmt)
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)

"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel." - The Doors
Old 02-22-2019, 12:52 PM

Vicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threadsVicegrip has six HoF threads

Something like that but more legs... Otto saw the canine rocket incoming and set up for the hit to glance. Sir Issac would have approved.
Stella is still just a big pup, a bit under powered for the frame size perhaps, but boy can she can cover ground in a hurry.

You Matter.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:59 PM

Been looking for a right sized 4WD compact tractor for a while. The good ones that are priced even close to right get snapped up rather fast and the rest clog up craig's list and the farm machinery sites being relisted for months. This one came up on Facebook of all places. One fastidious owner, never spent a night out in the rain or snow, right attachments, right tires (brine filled to boot) and the right price. PO was a real nice guy that had it from new in 1991, used only Ford/New Holland branded fluids and filters and treated it like family. He now has 4 more tractors as his turkey farm went from part time to full time and to 20X the size. This one was mostly on mowing duty which is light low wear work for a compact tractor. The rest of the farm and house was kept in the same way, neat, organised and for the long haul.
Some time ago I promised Michele I would teach her to drive a stick. We both figured it would have been in an old longhood Porsche and only have one shift lever. This thing has lots of levers, a clutch and two brake pedals. lets just say she is getting the hang of it....

It has already been put to work hauling logs out of the forest as I go through removing all the dead or dying ash trees. It was handy getting last weeks snow out of the corners that the truck plow can't get to. I have a long gravel road to the driveway that this will be put to work on maintaining it The HOA buys gravel and has it dumped in various locations. A small group of land owners rip, rake and spreads. Considering that I have that last house on the longest, steepest gravel road in the area I figured I might pitch in. The rear blade is good for grading out washboard and resetting the crown.

And no, I did not buy a Ford/New Holland so it would match the rest of the stuff in the garage. It just happened to work out that way.

Name:  ford11.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  1.20 MB

Name:  ford22.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  1.13 MB

Name:  ford33.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  663.8 KB

Name:  ford55.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  1.09 MB

You Matter.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:07 AM
Most Courteous Driver

edevinney

Excellent - that tractor is like knowing 3 guys who will come over any time to do you a favor and won't drink any of your beer.

The industrial tires should do well but worth having chains on hand.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:41 PM

cmartin

Nice setup. I've seen a few similar and get cold feet, maybe its the orange/green dominance thing. A bucket and a blade... so many uses.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Building a Worm Hole.....

HoodPin

Nice tractor get! FWIW, and I'm sure you already know, you can probably get a fork lift attachment to swap out with the bucket. I've got one for my Kubota, and its a handy tool when you need it.

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 1989 944S2
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (the wife's)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 1979 RX7 enduro
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)

Gone but not forgotten
- 1986 944 (under new mgmt)
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)

"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel." - The Doors

Last edited by HoodPin; 02-27-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:04 PM

John Hallen

Sweet. That's an awesome machine. 4WD compact tractor with front loader, best tool purchase of my life. Comes in handy for all kinds of chores.
Attached Images

01 E46 325CI
05 Kubota BX2230
Old 02-26-2019, 08:30 PM

.To be honest I resisted getting a tractor for a while. The PO had a small subcompact Kubota with a FEL and a backhoe and he used it for landscaping and rock wall building on the property. That work is all but done.
I thought one would be handy but not required. Still think that way a bit but I am not giving up the tractor I don't have livestock or a large prop to maintain and I have a dif lock garden tractor for mowing the stupid steep front lawn. This size tractor is just right for working the road and getting logs out of the woods without being too big. I also have lots of rocks to move around. (and by lots I mean lots) One spring protect was build some terraced planting areas with local rock and back fill with good soil.

Too many things became "that would be less work with a tractor" and I admit I am starting to like the bugger. Now I need to find some dirt. I have trees and rocks but little good dirt.

You Matter.

Last edited by Vicegrip; 02-26-2019 at 10:43 PM.