Tire pressure gauge recommendations - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Other Technical Discussions » Tire pressure gauge recommendations

Other Technical Discussions A place for technical discussions NOT related to Porsche or BMW. Other makes, home DIY, etc.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM

CanAm

This one seems to work well, but it goes to 60 psi, not 90: http://www.amazon.com/Joes-Racing-32...27s+tire+gauge
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Shock Whisperer

ausgeflippt951 has one HoF thread

Oh one more thing: when you do buy a gauge, it's generally good practice to make sure you will not usually be using it in the upper ~20% of its range. So if your gauge goes to 60psi, you can rest assured it will be accurate up to 48psi, but above that starts to get less accurate.

So in your case, with both motox tires and trailer tires to fill, I would recommend getting a few different gauges. Hell, I've dropped my enduro tires down to ~12 on really rocky enduros through the AZ desert.

Not to derail, but do you go riding often? I'm trying to find an excuse to get back into dirt riding. It's been a few years since I was last out; I had to put a hold on things after I broke my back in a motox race a few years back. I no longer have a dirt bike at my disposal (for now!), so I'm trying to placate myself by going mountain biking. Fortunately, lots of good trails 'round here.

Ok I'm done.

'86 951: lucky number 13...rare 6.0L edition.
'06 M3: hers.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Shock Whisperer

ausgeflippt951 has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
This one seems to work well, but it goes to 60 psi, not 90: http://www.amazon.com/Joes-Racing-32...27s+tire+gauge

That's the one I've got. Love it.

'86 951: lucky number 13...rare 6.0L edition.
'06 M3: hers.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:01 AM

AznDrgn

Thanks for the recommendations guys, looks like I will be investing in two gauges in the very near future.

Collin, I don't get to ride too often any more since I've moved up to NOVA. I would love to ride more but I don't know of any places around here and my bike is still in Harrisonburg. The biggest killer is work, working for the family business 80+ hours a week right now really kills any free time for riding.

'01 Dodge Dakota - Daily Driver
'83 Callaway Porsche 944 - Still waiting to be put back together