Guns, Ammo and Such - - Page 19 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Guns, Ammo and Such -

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM

Too Tall

Glocks are fantastic, they just work.
Could they make that any more butt ugly?
All kidding aside, do you really think it conceals more/better than a G19 IWB holster?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Glocks are fantastic, they just work.
Could they make that any more butt ugly?
All kidding aside, do you really think it conceals more/better than a G19 IWB holster?
Pick on interwebs shows it covered by a smart phone. It certainly would fit a pocket easier w/out the telltale bulge. Some quick draw vids though for most not I bet not a one handed operation. Like most suck tools, intended for a set of specific situations.

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 12-22-2017, 11:56 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default These are a few of my favorite things

G34, G34, G17, suppressed G17, G43, G19, and G19

Name:  tumblr_p14fathCeD1vthi3do1_1280.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  213.8 KB

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending

Last edited by Trak Ratt; 12-23-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:17 AM

Too Tall

Glock Envy. I've been shooting my G19 for years, nothing better. That said, I live in Maryland so what is the point really? My all time fav. is a really nice K frame S&W .357 When I was pretending to be a WY coal miner a good friends dad did a masterful job working the trigger. You just have to shoot the thing to realize how good it can get.

I'm on the bubble for a G43 or (don't cringe) the S&W .38 airweight. I'd carry when I'm in the hinterlands bicycling. No worries about mucking up the gun, I maintain my equipment.

I'm leaning to the .38 because I've never had a misfire, jam or "issue" with any revolver ever, dog simple and .38 is such an awesome round.

Last edited by Too Tall; 12-23-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:07 AM

SJK
Default Trigger guage

Does anyone have a trigger pull weight gauge that I can use to test one gun. I will come to you bearing gifts.

Thanks,

Stephen
'02 Boxster S (gone to a good home)
Old 05-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Default This might be helpful.....

Name:  tumblr_moph2eohU01rvhbxso1_400.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  26.5 KB

But then this is what it really means!

Name:  untitled112.png
Views: 191
Size:  102.9 KB

Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 PM
Glorified babysitter

BeerBurner

OK, I'll post the milsurp bolt action rifles that I love so much. I also have bayonets for all of them, even if they aren't pictured.

First, is a Yugo M48A Mauser. It was advertised as an unissued rifle from the early '50s and the condition made that plausible. Since then, I realized that Mitchell's Mausers were pretty good about selling rifles built in the '90s from '50s parts. So, while it lacks the provenance of an old rifle, it's still nice to have a new old gun so I'll just enjoy it anyway.

Next, was a Mosin Nagant 91/30. The receiver is from 1942 and it has a lot of force matched parts on it. I ended up refinishing the stock since it was pretty messy. That may have killed the value of it but it was probably on the lower end anyway. Besides, I don't really care about the value.

After that, was an M1903A3 built by Remington in 1943. It damn near stole this one for $695. They said it was because the stock was messed up but it really wasn't horribly bad. I think it was more because the magazine jammed after loading one or two rounds in to it. I found that a tab had broken off of the bottom of the follower so I JB welded it back on. Even though I bought another NOS follower, I haven't needed it. I also had to replace the ejector for $5. Still, I think I did very well with this one. Note the early, 16" bayonet.

My wife bought me a Schmidt Rubin K11 built in 1917. This is my favorite bold action rifle. It just does everything right. The bayonet is from a K31 but whatever.

Last year, I went to the gun show and said if I could find a WW1 M1917 in the $700 range, I'd mull it over. If found this one for $575 out the door. It's an Eddystone built in October, 1917 (Number 56,xxx of the 1.7M made) but it has no cracks around the receiver and it is in much better shape than my K11 from the same year. The bayonet is from a British P14 Enfield but I got it for $85 with the scabbard so I'm OK with that.

BB.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Glorified babysitter

BeerBurner

Last, is a Lee Enfield N0.4 Mk1 built in 1944. Again, I went to the gun show looking for one but not expecting to find one in the price range that I could justify splurging on. I found this one for $350. The magazine number doesn't match the rest of the gun but, hey, I don't care. I already had the pike bayonet but I recently scored an early blade bayonet for it for $45 up in Gettysburg.

BB.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Too Tall

Hey BeerBurner, it takes a special kind of gun nut to appreciate those guns so I hope you would dig a Polish Wz-48 (Model 48) .22 trainer that was given to me by a good friend. These were made to closely resemble Soviet issued M-38 carbines. The Wz-48 was designed to LOOK like a Mosin Nagant M-38 and I'm told the bolt design is a modified 1920’s Mauser design. It is b@lls on accurate, heavy as a horse and the parts are crude but really well done. Neat piece and a perfect trainer for teaching folks. When showing folks how to shoot I like the one and done principle

Here is a good youtube covering history and the "why" these were made.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Glorified babysitter

BeerBurner

I'll have to watch that video later when I get the chance.

BB.