Baltimore Grand Prix - Page 17 - Dorkiphus.net

Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. Post upcoming NoVA/DC/MD events here. You can also use the Calendar for scheduling.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM

pnbell

This is the View from our Hotel room (from Thursday till Monday) It was awesome waking up to the Cars practicing/qualifying!! Literally Rattling the Windows!

This is a picture during qualifying on Friday.. Not bad for a Camera Phone! Of course i was doing my 'expert panning technique'...

Here is the Indy Car Parking Lot...

Great Time and Good for Baltimore!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM

HoodPin

Hopefully they will in fact be able to "weather the storm...".

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=46&sid=2619260

FWIW, I ended up having a bad situation turn good finally. When I had ordered my tickets, I also purchased a Parking Pass, costing $75, for the entire weekend. The pitch was we'd be in a garage reasonably close to our seats. However....the parking assignments got totally botched. Found out on Friday morning that there were no "official" parking garages that would recognize our Parking Passes (which had been mailed to us). Called a number on the BGP website (thank goodness for smartphones....) and was emailed information about our "parking". They sent out out to a commuter lot a couple miles from the Harbor, and provided shuttle buses back & forth. Well, come to realize that A) the parking lot was available for $5.50/day, and B) there's normally a free Shuttle Bus connecting the lot and the Harbor. So....I had paid $75 for what I otherwise could have had for $16.50 over 3 days.

I ended up sending an email to the organizers, and questioned why I should have to pay $75 for $15.50 worth of parking. About 2 months letter I get a response and a refund of $58.50. Kudos to BGP for stepping up! I sent an email thanking them, and they did reply that the parking arrangements ended up being a fiasco, that they intend to correct for next year.

Currently
- 1984 944 SP2 racer
- 1977 911 KM Special vintage racer
- 2012 Cayman R (also the wife's)
- 2000 Boxster S (now mine)

- 1995 993 (garage queen)
- 2007 Cayman S (wife's track beast)
- 2017 F350 (tow monster)
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Gone but not forgotten
- 1989 944S2
- 1979 RX7
- 1986 944
- 1991 944S2 (in car heaven...)
- 2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 (FIL's beast now)