Trick or Beep - Dorkiphus.net

Fun Runs and Upcoming Events in our area. Post upcoming NoVA/DC/MD events here. You can also use the Calendar for scheduling.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:50 PM

87turbolook911
Default Trick or Beep

The wife, daughter and I are planning to participate in this event. It's great fun for everyone. The passenger actually plays a very important role in the rally. The pace isn't quite as quick as a fun run , but you'll get to drive some very pretty roads and see beautiful scenery.

Who am I kidding...it's just another chance to take the car for a spin.

Here's the info:

October 26 (rain date November 1) -- Trick or Beep Rally

RALLIERS!! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO RALLY THIS SEASON

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS ONE!

Do you want to get in on one of the most exciting events of the year??

If so, mark your calendar now!! The year's most exciting, most challenging and most creative rally, The Trick Or Beep Scavenger Hunt Rally is scheduled for
Sunday, October 26th and promises to be like nothing else you have ever done!!! Join your fellow members on an exciting rally through the beautiful Loudoun
County countryside in the prime fall season, gather after the rally for a costume contest for drivers and their cars, eat and drink in one of Leesburg's finest pubs and
end your day with a chilling ghost tour (optional) in historic Leesburg's most haunted section &endash; if you DARE!!!!!

Schedule for the Day

1:00 p.m. Driver's Meeting
1:30 p.m. start in Leesburg for Scavenger Hunt Rally
Last car in (hopefully) by 4:00 p.m.
45 minutes to prep cars and people for the Halloween costume contest
Judging to be done by 5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
Gathering and awards at a Pub/Restaurant - 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Optional Leesburg Haunting/Ghost Tour at 6:30 or shortly thereafter (additional fee $13.00 per person - first come, first served, only 22 spots available!).

More details: http://pcapotomac.org/pca/html/rally.shtml#TrickOrBeep
Old 10-26-2003, 07:39 PM

KeithLambert7

Vu,

Did you end up going? My wife and I went for a spin in the 996 in the afternoon from our house in Waterford, and pulled out to the end of our street, and a Boxter went bye, hello...we waved.

Drove down the road 100 yards, and a 911 appeared, and then another. Must've passed a dozen or more 911's 928, 944's and Boxters on Stumptown Road near Lucketts, and out to Route 15 North. Flashed and waved them all. Obviously a rally of some sort.

Suppose it was the Trick or Beep? Did I pass you - was driving a black cab 996?

Keith

'64 356 Coupe - driver
'89 3.2 Coupe - queen

http://www.goosecreekfinishing.com
Old 10-27-2003, 08:50 AM

87turbolook911

Hi all,

Yesterday the wife, kid and I participated in a "Trick or Beep" Porsche Rally. The rally started in Leesburg and took us through the hills of Virginia. We stopped at Breaux Vineyard for a quick snack and then carried on. As we followed the rally directions, we hunted for answers to clues that were given to us at the start of the rally. We also had to pick up/find treasure hunt items (i.e. pumpkin, acorn, and specific type of candy at a general store). The total rally took about 3.5 hours.
We had a great time. The wife did great navigating, except for one missed turn. THe little one had fun meeting everyone and showing off her shirt.

Here are some pictures:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mus...ly&.view=t

Hopefully you can join us in a future event.

Keith,

Yep that was the trick or beep rally. We started at the mall near Rt 15 and 7. I waved to a lot of Porsches yesterday, but I thought they were all with the rally. It was a good possiblity that you saw us. We went through Purceville area as well.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:10 AM

Dan M

I was really hoping (wishing) to go..especially since I live in Leesburg! I didn't think it would be too cool to leave my wife with our newborn as I drove through the hills of VA

I did see you guys parked, in the evening, over by the old KMart building. You must've had dinner there in Leesburg.

Glad to see the weather held out too.

--Dan