shout out for tpc racing team - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » shout out for tpc racing team

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:59 AM

Otto
Default shout out for tpc racing team

ok pca friends. the cayman is more than back to form. after two trips to tysons porsche for cpo repair to rectify a misbehaving coil on #6 piston. first trip they updated the ecu program. apparently they have been doing this to a lot of the 981 cayman cars. but this did not fix the issue, as i found out 5 miles into my trip home from the dealer. back in limp mode again! they also had to order a few parts to complete some other cpo warranty repairs, so i knew i would be going back. on the second trip, they replaced the coil on #6, replaced the window switch on driver side, and replaced the inside door panels which seemed to be delaminating at the window slot. it looks really nice now. the most important thing is that it was running fantastic now. super smooth and powerful. i ran it hard on street for several days to be sure. i believe there was an issue from the start and this repair set it right! too bad it was not right for my hpde events so far this year. the cobb ecu tune i was using could not be re-applied. tpc racing to the rescue! i took it in for a pdk fluid service, dsc sport pasm update, and they did magic with the cobb tuner to make it work again. my thanks to tom, mike, and the team at tpc racing! i made the long drive from tcp racing as spirited as traffic and safety would allow, which was not much all i can say now is that i definitely no longer miss the old ride! considering my next performance upgrade. suspension perhaps, to keep up with my pca friends at the track! special thanks to karen for her assist in trips to tpc racing! i really don't know why she puts up with me.

2021 Boxster 25
2014 Cayman S
2012 Cayman S
2006 Boxster S