outdoor car cover - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 11-29-2021, 08:54 AM

jsheiry

The silver "Porsche" outdoor covers may be pricey compared to the aftermarket but they are fitted better than most aftermarket covers I have seen and therefore do not move around much in the wind. The ones I have purchased are like second skins with perfect mirror pockets and elastic fits around bumpers and fit tightly and do not flap. Try Delaware Porsche....best margins on east coast and no sales tax IMHO of course.
95 968 GP White Wifes DD

Past
92 968 Lagoon Green
94 968 Polar Silver M030
87 944 NA track/de car
72 Signal Orange 914 survivor
Old 12-28-2021, 11:00 PM

VRMoose

Late to this party, but I have an opinion. I keep my Non-DD/HPDE prepped E36 M3 outside, under a car cover … only because I’m out of garage space. I acknowledge everything previously discussed re: scratches, dirt, etc. My car is not ready for Concours events, but I do take pride in how she looks and general cleanliness. I strongly recommend a custom fit, NOAH material cover … or generally, one that breathes. To me, this is not intuitive … when I researched the topic, I presumed I should find a cover that repels all precipitation. Reality: such a fabric will trap way too much heat and ruin the interior. A breathable fabric still keeps leaves and droppings off the car while protecting the paint from the elements.

Last edited by VRMoose; 12-28-2021 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Signature block