polish engineering... hey, no laugh! - Page 17 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » polish engineering... hey, no laugh!

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 10-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Feliks

Well, energy is the same at the entrance, like a normal windmill. Only I noticed that the amount of energy produced by the windmill, the third power (cube)depends on the speed of the wind.
Windmill depends on the diameter of the second power (sqare).
So I started with a lot of it is better to improve the efficiency of wind turbine using wind speed increases, and not via increasing the diameter of the fan.
Serves to increase the velocity venturi nozzle

V^3 , D ^2

As curiosity I enter the number of Hp has the arrangement of 15 m / sec. = 270 Hp

You probably use a turbine engine derived from a helicopter, to generate such energy

Regards Andrew
Old 10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

You are getting shaver burn on Occam's razor.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM

Feliks

Compare the speed with which the headrest will swim to the surface of the sail of 10 m ^ 2 and the wind of 5 m / s.

And now a windmill with a diameter D = 3m and also velocity of 5 m / s, which gives the power of 0.3 Hp.
and serve to drive the screw boat.
Now compare that with the boat that run much faster ???

It seems to me that, however, by usin 'the wind turbines are inefficient and primitive.

But surely the best helicopter pilots know that the strength of fast-rotating propellers is huge ..

Andrew

Andrew
Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Then the chopper pilots should stuff their rotors into pipes rather than make them look just like...conventional windmills.

By the time you make and pay for your 1 windmill I will have made 5 that are far less sensitive to wind direction, better able to maintain heading and in need of far less footprint.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

Shakespeare.

You Matter.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Feliks

[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676256' date='Oct 28 2010, 23:33']Try to follow the logic in my post. If you keep making the venturi constriction smaller the power goes up and up. Wrong! You cannot get something for nothing. There is only so much power in the wind flowing through a given cross section area and conservation of energy says the power will not increase as you move along a venturi. A good windmill will extract 50% of the available energy from a given cross section area of wind. There is no magic that will increase that by a factor greater than 2, in fact 59% is the (Betz's Law) limit for wind turbines of any type so modern wind turbines can achieve over 80% of the theoretical limit.[/quote]

Oh yes, this theoretical limit of 80%, but for the most primitive machinery ?
And there is an error in assuming that we count the most primitive machine.
Plain sail is much more perfect than a windmill.
And here we see that the wind has a lot more energy than even 100% of the energy windmill

See how high can the waves rush in, only at the surface, blowing. The waves are also wind energy

The nozzle wenturi use all surfaces of the input, multiplied by the weight of the wind (the amount of air flow in kilograms)
And it is this mass air flow causes the nozzle is formed in high speed. Even after leaving the nozzle cone is longer than the cone input. The air mass of his "draws even more through the nozzles

This is just like a sports car exchaust tubes . When calculating the length and diameter, are taken into account also the mass of gas flowing.

And there is no mass flow of great importance in the calculation of the weight just pulls out their remnant gas from the cylinder, and even causes an inflow of fresh air. Without any widmil.
Note that in my last example, is given by the mass flow entrusted Venturi. And it amounts to 48 tonnes per second. It is the burden of two wagons loaded in 1 second.

A pipe with a length of 500 meters and a diameter of 100m, at a speed of 15 m / s
there is a 1600 tons of air, which has its energy.

This is the weight of two freight trains. Try to stop them. Ride at 50 km / h

Regards Andrew
Old 10-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

I get the logic of the physics here. Try and follow my logic now.

Price out the materials, labor and footprint needed to build the above pipe bank including the turntable and system to keep it headed into the wind. Give us that number and I will use it to figure out how many off the shelf turbines I can have installed in some farmers field. Keep in mind a conventional windmill lets you use the land under it.

BTW the entrance of the tube does not need to be round. Make the tubes a hex so they nest better and gather more wind. More air mass less superstructure.

Shakespeare.

You Matter.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Feliks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
I get the logic of the physics here. Try and follow my logic now.

Price out the materials, labor and footprint needed to build the above pipe bank including the turntable and system to keep it headed into the wind. Give us that number and I will use it to figure out how many off the shelf turbines I can have installed in some farmers field. Keep in mind a conventional windmill lets you use the land under it.

BTW the entrance of the tube does not need to be round. Make the tubes a hex so they nest better and gather more wind. More air mass less superstructure.
Of course you're right. Gives you calkulator Venturi.

http://www.flowmeterdirectory.com/fl...turi_calc.html

You have little to work hard to change the hex. But remembering it can be done with the same sectional area as the circular.

Regards Andrew

How would you do, then write how it works
Old 10-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Feliks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post

You can, and so ....

GreenToothYoda.

Regards Andrew
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Feliks

It is proposed to be called Venturi widmill: " The Cube Turbine "

Do you know that such a large cooling towers at power plants are made of reinforced concrete walls with a thickness of 12 cm on average?

I'm very curious if that work well, though for that tip wentturi Inject and burn some fuel.
The calculations on the calculator Venturi, that, if the temperature of the air flow would be about 60 degrees Kelvin higher, the speed of the jet that increased by 50% !

If this is not too much to add, that was such a low temperature turbine engine
During low-wind, he could give a little energy.
It was like a ramjet engine
ramjet

jet helicopter

Well, such a complete install on the mountain. Would give as much energy as the whole of Poland produces.

Sniezka

Regards Andrew
Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM

Feliks

And again, a mistake...

And to be towing a boat areostar....

And in the middle of a venturi nozzle areostar with two such fans...

Merry Christmas to everybody

Andrew