991 Shipment from DC area to Seattle - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » 991 Shipment from DC area to Seattle

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:32 AM

Cesmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3000 View Post
I forgot, Intercity offers a Rennlist users discount to anyone who asks for it.
Great to know. Appreciate it.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:40 AM

Nerfbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesmorris View Post
If you are serious, what would a reasonable charge be for you to do the drive? I was debating the drive myself.
We drove our Macan to Seattle in 2015. I budgeted $250 a day for all expenses including hotels, meals, beer and gas. We easily stayed within it. We generally drove from Hampton Inn to Hampton Inn. Of course, after taking a lap around the country, we had put 10k miles on the car. We did not drive every day, but took a two day break in Chicago and another in Yellowstone. We diverted across the Bear Tooth Highway and hit as many national parks as were close to our route. If you decide to drive it, take advantage of the opportunity to see the country.

18 Carrera cab
15 Macan S
Old 04-19-2021, 01:57 PM

jbse39

I recently purchased a car from a dealer in Chicago and used Intercity to ship the car to VA. It was only $100 more than what I was quoted from a broker.

When I sold a car to a buyer in CA, who arranged through a broker, the transport driver showed up without any notice and pulled a 996 with a strap on one of the suspension pieces which inevitably bent it. I warned the driver but he did not care to listen, so after that indirect experience, I decided a couple of hundred was worth the trouble.