Recommendations for chrome shops - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Recommendations for chrome shops

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 05-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Addict

Fritz has one HoF thread
Default Recommendations for chrome shops

Hey everyone. I'm gonna be pulling apart all the trim and whatnot for some paint work and wanted to get many items buffed and chromed. Does anyone have any experience with shops here or across the country? Need to send window trims, mirrors, headlight rings and other smaller bits. I'm also looking for any past experience on what this has cost others.

Hope everyone is being safe and doing well.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:55 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Much of what you listed is anodized aluminum. For chrome this is a a shop that does automotive chrome plating. https://waynesautoparts.com/chrome-plating I have not used them, don't know them, if and when it goes wrong don't call me. I have seen some of their work (before and after) on a local hot rod and it looked very good.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Now known as Robbie's dad

TurboPooch

Years ago when I was involved with the local Antique Car Club of America Chapter, a lot of those folks used Paul's Chrome Plating in Pennsylvania. At that time they did really nice work and their stuff was nice and bright without the cloudiness of some of the other shops. They would fix rust and what not on pieces that were irreplaceable on some of the really old pre-war cars. Might be worth reaching out to your local chapter for recommendations more recent than what I have provided.

https://www.paulschrome.com/index.php/contact-us

89 944 Turbo Race car
85.5 944 NA son's 2015/2019/2020 944Cup and PCA Nat'l Champ racecar
94 968 1 of 11 Iris blue coupes
92 968 1 of 2 Tahoe Blue Cabriolets
98 993 C2S w/Aerokit II
77 911S Vintage race car project
70 Boss 302
86 Mustang SVO
08 F250 SD Diesel
15 Audi SQ5

"Noel spun! Noel spun! Don't do anything stupid, Dad." -the boy on the radio on the last lap of NASA race as the second place car spins behind me in T5 at Summit Point.