Introdouche Yourself - Page 102 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Miscellaneous Discussions » Introdouche Yourself

Miscellaneous Discussions Off Topic (OT) items that really don't fit into any other Category

Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Wanted: safety chair.

roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatk View Post
While your in there look around the cylinders for these little fellas.
EEEEWWW!!!!!
97 318ti

"Guys, I'm coming in, I have too much grip."
Old 10-04-2008, 12:52 PM
O ya!

dweymer has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatk View Post
While your in there look around the cylinders for these little fellas.
+1
Old 10-04-2008, 11:03 PM

gjnolte

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel View Post
Nolte, Good to see you finally douched yourself. Hurry up and get that alternator swapped out. I wanna try your car. Where are the pictures in your introduction? Also, what is your opinion of the rain?

Since the alternator job requires little hands, get Maddie to stick her hands down in there.
I really need to get a new Digital Camera. I won't even mention how many MPs mine has...Actually, I think the camera in my cell phone has more....

As for my opinion of the rain.... turns the whole track into a skidpad.. Did I mention that I like the skidpad?

Disclaimer: All skidpad time has been done with BMW, however I'm looking forward to the challenge with the Porsche. It's quite obvious that much more finesse is required with the lump in the rear of the car (And, NO Bob, that's not my ASS!)
Old 10-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Colorado's finest

Dr K has two HoF threadsDr K has two HoF threads

The skidpad is even easier in a Porsche than in a BMW, so long as that Porsche is a fo-fo.

Peter

2016 Cayman S
1999 Miata ("SM") race car
2016 Toyota Highlander--tow vehicle/wife's DD
2017 VW GTI SE (DD)

Gone and missed:
1992 Miata ("SSM") race car
2009 911 C2S Coupe
2004 Toyota Prius - sold to son's girlfriend
2006 Dodge Durango
2003 Acura MDX
86 Black 911 Coupe race car
86 Gold 911 Targa
82 WineRedMetallic 911 Targa
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 AM

gjnolte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post
The skidpad is even easier in a Porsche than in a BMW, so long as that Porsche is a fo-fo.

Peter
I ain't got no fo-fo, fay-fay, or fi-fi, just a plain "old school" '86 911. Of course those with Short Wheel Based cars probably have more fun on the skidpad!!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
O ya!

dweymer has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnolte View Post
"old school" '86 911.
ass dragger
Old 10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Wanted: safety chair.

roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweymer View Post
ass dragger
So you've met Greg?
97 318ti

"Guys, I'm coming in, I have too much grip."
Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 PM

gjnolte
Default "ass dragger"

yep.. I'm definitely dragging ass today... I'm basically finished re-installing the rebuilt 4cyl into the 318iC. I should be finished and have the engine through it's break-in period by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hopefully I won't be
Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 PM

buck
Default Hello to all

A neighbor down the street that has a 911 told me about this site and I just joined this board today... So, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Buck, and I am currently living in Woodbridge, Va. I am an Army Warrant Officer and fly helicopters. Been in the service for over 19 yrs. (about 12 1/2 yrs of that in the Navy)

I have a 1979 911 Targa SC that my wife bought for me when I was deployed to Iraq back in 2003. She knew I love these cars and thougt it would be a great gift. (and it was) however, I have had the car since 2003 and have driven less than 2000 miles with it. It just stopped running one day back in 2005 and I have not driven it since. I had a bunch of work done to it in Colorado and the mechanic was able to get it to start and run but it is very very rough. He told me I needed to replace the injector nozzels and 'tune it up'. and i should be able to drive it again. I bought the injector nozzels, replaced them, and now suprise suprise... it won't even start.

I am in no way a mechanic, but I am trying to get it running again. I have already posted this problem on here and a few people have already given suggestions, of which I am trying to the best of my limited abilities... Thanks to All...

not sure what else to say, but so far I like what I see on this site...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM

jcriggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post
A neighbor down the street that has a 911 told me about this site and I just joined this board today... So, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Buck, and I am currently living in Woodbridge, Va. I am an Army Warrant Officer and fly helicopters. Been in the service for over 19 yrs. (about 12 1/2 yrs of that in the Navy)

I have a 1979 911 Targa SC that my wife bought for me when I was deployed to Iraq back in 2003. She knew I love these cars and thougt it would be a great gift. (and it was) however, I have had the car since 2003 and have driven less than 2000 miles with it. It just stopped running one day back in 2005 and I have not driven it since. I had a bunch of work done to it in Colorado and the mechanic was able to get it to start and run but it is very very rough. He told me I needed to replace the injector nozzels and 'tune it up'. and i should be able to drive it again. I bought the injector nozzels, replaced them, and now suprise suprise... it won't even start.

I am in no way a mechanic, but I am trying to get it running again. I have already posted this problem on here and a few people have already given suggestions, of which I am trying to the best of my limited abilities... Thanks to All...

not sure what else to say, but so far I like what I see on this site...
Welcome aboard! Almost took the Army Warrant program myself but ended up staying in the Navy for 20. I'm sure you will find some help for your Targa here. If not, I can come over and haul it away for you.

Sadly Misses:
07 Cayman S (The Black Pearl)