Data Acquisition thread - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » Data Acquisition thread

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:57 AM
He HIT me.

Fumes

STFU and drive.

data is fer nerdz

2012 987.2 R (endless build)
2009 997.2 C2S
2012 F-150 (tow)
---
2013 991.1 C2 (sold)
2013 335i (RIP)
2001 4Runner (left by side of road in Georgia)
1990 Legend LS (RIP)
1988 Toyota 2WD reg cab (donated)
1987 GTi (sold)
1990 (TOM)Celica GTS (RIP)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 AM

Der ABT

Perfect amount of sarcasm and actual questions, Dorki never disappoints

So let me begin with this.
Squiggly lines are a VERY powerful tool, can be tricky at first or be really easy when explained right.
Video and squiggly lines just solidify it all. Which is why i'm such a big fan of VBox. You take out an SD card an 30 seconds later your looking at data. NO extra work.
I sell all sorts of systems but i mainly use VBox in coaching as it is easy and almost everyone can understand what im explaining quickly...visually with lines and or video.

As others have said, the AIM hardware really is great.
their software, once you get past the learning curve is also VERY powerful.

Vbox software does enough for just about anyone, although aim does have some additional features/computing power if you know how to use it.

My personal car has an Aim dash, with additional sensors for throttle brake and steering angle, Many of the new cars produce this info via the can line but for the old cars its much easier with aim sensors.
Vbox also makes a cable that pulls in all of the info from Aim or Motec and feeds it into the Vbox so that you get all of those same channels...really amazing to have that ability.

There are some new products that are coming around the corner from VBox that i think will be a really good stepping stone for most who are on the fence. Aim has been saying they will get video and data syncd for a few years now but i think that is coming around the bend as well.

So it seems like most just have a hard time grasping what it is to look at in the squiggly lines. Yet when a coach describes what they see it probably makes perfect sense to them....its like the guy at the computer store explaining why you want more ram and then throwing out numbers and letters while you nod your head and secretly want to scream STOOOP just take my credit card if it will run i-racing.

Keep the comments, questions coming i think this could be very helpful to many.
2015 E stock national champion
Close Motorsports - Driver Coaching and Data Equipment sales
Website coming soon
Old
http://retaliatemotorsports.blogspot.com/
Old 08-07-2020, 02:52 PM

Otto

i had intended to get a vbox, but ended up with an aim solo 2 dl connected to a smartycam gp hd 2.2

been to two hpde and still do not have it working to my liking

i am trying to get the smartycam overlay right, but cannot seem to see the smartycam in RS3 when i connect to the solo 2 dl via wi-fi direct

does anyone know why that would be the case?

otto

2021 Boxster 25
2014 Cayman S
2012 Cayman S
2006 Boxster S