Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 04-17-2024, 10:03 AM

Nerfbar
Default Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics

Are you familiar with this guy? Ivan is a graduate engineer who makes his living running a one man shop that mainly specializes in diagnosing auto electrical systems. He works out of his home just outside of State College, PA. He regularly posts videos on U-TUBE of interesting cases. This is a link to his latest:

He came to my attention because a friend who runs an Alfa shop in Connecticut towed an old Mecedes to him after my friend had run out of things to try to fix this car. Ivan turned the case into a four part series.

I bring this up because I’ve got a 991.2 that’s almost out of extended warranty and it’s full of electronics. I remember Vicegrip remarking that he wouldn’t have one of these cars out of warranty. Many of Ivan’s cases involve cars that other shops or dealers have thrown parts at without fixing the problem but costing lots of money. It’s shocking how many of these are fixed with competent analysis and little or no parts.

I’m wondering if we have any comparable resource in our area. I invite you to check out Ivan’s videos and appreciate his professionalism and skill.

18 Carrera cab
15 Macan S
Old 04-18-2024, 10:09 AM

cmartin

Ivan is good. His 928 videos were really good too.