Dorkiphus problems 9.July.2011 - 10.July.2011 - Page 4 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Miscellaneous Discussions > Problems, Support & BBS Questions » Dorkiphus problems 9.July.2011 - 10.July.2011

Problems, Support & BBS Questions Please post board related problems in this section for resolution. We know there are some furballs out there so let hear about them.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads
Default Dorkiphus problems 9.July.2011 - 10.July.2011

This weekend we had some major problems with our ISP. Starting Friday night, our database server crashed. Then, Saturday morning, our web server went down. I am still waiting on a full explanation from the ISP on what exactly happened, but from what I can tell there was a complete and total failure of the web and database servers. Whether this was a hardware failure on their end or a security breach is yet to be seen.*

The good news is that the servers have been rebuilt and backups restored, so we're now back on line.

The bad news is there are some kinks to iron out. I've already had a database table get corrupted on me tonight, but fortunately it was repaired without issue. I've noticed a couple other nits (for example, the sponsor tags aren't working).

I've shut down some features of the site so I can test and bring everything back on line properly. This takes some time, and I do have a day job, so bear with me if you run into anything not working quite right.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the service interruption.

* Note for the justifiably paranoid: there is NO financial information or any sort stored on this website. Any donations sent are done exclusively through PayPal, and Dorki doesn't have any link to PayPal in any way shape or form. The only thing any hacker would get by stealing data from us would be email address and our stupid conversations.
1999 E46 328i