Agency Power 981 Catback - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted » Agency Power 981 Catback

Porsche & BMW Parts For Sale/Wanted Have Porsche/BMW clutter? Need something for your car? Post For Sale or WTB adds here. Strictly moderated.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 AM

sixflat
Default Agency Power 981 Catback

Sold

Agency Power Catback exhaust. Consists of agency power piping: attaches to factory catalytic converter, two Agency Power mufflers, mounting bracket, and welded on stainless exhaust tips (stainless steel, non agency power). Also includes AP gasket between the cat and the pipe.

System was a factory 2nd, which came with the hardware listed above. The box it arrived in said "dented", and there was a small dent in one of the mufflers. Upon mounting, the mufflers worked perfectly. I have also added the hardware it didn't come with: clamps to hold piping to muffler (2.25" vband clamps - I've been using a little RTV along with the clamps and it works for perfect seal), clamp to hold the mufflers together (2.25" single band clamp), as well as the exhaust tips which are professionally welded on by Midas. I've put <2K miles on it. My wife and I use the car as a family car and it's a little loud for downtown Washington DC.

AP writeup on the exhaust:
Agency Power has become well known for their high quality exhaust systems. The Porsche 981 Boxster was released in the summer of 2012 with a total redesign from the previous 987 chassis design. The direct fuel injection Porsche which is available in either the 2. 7L or 3. 4L engine, lacks the sports car grunt. To meet regulations and sound restrictions, the factory exhaust does rob a little power and performance which can easily be uncorked. The new Agency Power exhaust system for the Porsche 981 is a complete header back kit. It features secondary race pipes and a dual muffler with a large dual tip. With an all stainless steel construction featuring exquisite TIG welding and polished piping, the exhaust system including mounting bracket is a direct replacement for the OEM unit.

As tested on our Mustang all wheel drive dyno, the muffler in comparison to stock added a peak of 7whp and 11ft/lbs of torque over stock. Because of the sensitivity of the traction control, the car must be tested in AWD mode which typically yields lower numbers then a RWD test only. However the most impressive gains were between 2500 and 4300 rpm's which are typical driving conditions to get you from 0-60 much quicker.

To view dyno sheet CLICK HERE
The exhaust has a more aggressive tone then stock but is still very comfortable for daily use. It is designed to fit the 2012 and up Porsche 981 Boxster and Cayman. It will fit both the S, non S, and GT4 versions. No cutting or welding required.

Pictures on ebay listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Agency-Powe...sAAOSwS79fg1hT
GTI Mark 7

-----------------------------------------
Gone and missed:
997.2 S
964 Cabriolet
964 Targa
2003 Acura RSX Type S

----------------------------------------
Gone:
987.2 Cayman S

Last edited by sixflat; 10-27-2020 at 11:33 AM.