'71 914-6 Restoration - Page 6 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Porsche Technical Discussions » '71 914-6 Restoration

Porsche Technical Discussions Porsche related technical discussions and questions go here.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:23 AM

Chopper Dropper

Better than off the factory floor!
Dirk
1971 914/6 (Factory) 3.2 Track car
1988 911 Targa
1986 944
Old 07-17-2018, 01:10 PM

scotty b

Keep it up Michael. Your one sided story and vindictivness is apparent. You started this thread here for one reason only, and were immediately called out on it. I encourage those here to see his thread on 914 world and the wild accusations he has made

As I said in the other thread you started onWorld. I haven't been posting on any forums because I have a life, and am working to straighten out my business. I became overwhelmed with work, had widely known health issues, and some poor 3mployees. That is where your car came in

Libel
Slander
Defamation

Look them up.

This is all I will post here out of respect for the forums good
Old 07-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Cairo94507 has one HoF thread

The truth is a complete defense to all of those. I too would encourage people to read the build threads of my car on 914World.com. I was "called out" because some members here defended you because they were unaware of your issues, did not know me at all, and therefore were unaware of how my car was "worked on" by you. I am confident if they take the time to check the 2 threads of my build, they will come to their own informed conclusion. I am fine with that.

Just as an aside, you have gone from only you working on my car, as you guaranteed, to Ben working on it w/o my permission, and now you had "employees" (plural) who apparently were the problem. Amazing. Nothing is ever your responsibility. And I apologize to the forum for digressing for a minute but felt compelled to respond.

Last edited by Cairo94507; 07-18-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:02 PM

mb911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo94507 View Post
The truth is a complete defense to all of those. I too would encourage people to read the build threads of my car on 914World.com. I was "called out" because some members here defended you because they were unaware of your issues, did not know me at all, and therefore were unaware of how my car was "worked on" by you. I am confident if they take the time to check the 2 threads of my build, they will come to their own informed conclusion. I am fine with that.

Just as an aside, you have gone from only you working on my car, as you guaranteed, to Ben working on it w/o my permission, and now you had "employees" (plural) who apparently were the problem. Amazing. Nothing is ever your responsibility. And I apologize to the forum for digressing for a minute but felt compelled to respond.

Just want to clarify not me (Ben) I am the exhaust guy
Old 07-18-2018, 01:11 PM

JmuRiz

I think if Scotty had a welder like you working with him, he'd have no issues at all

side-note: One of these days (years) I'll get your good-looking exhaust system installed
‘19 SQ5

Gone but not forgotten:
'02 S6 Avant - trans blew, but rebuilt as a 6-speed by new owner
'99.5 A4 2.8QT - tree fell on it after 20 years
‘74 MB 280C - traded for paint/rust repair/6-conversion mods on the 914
Old 07-18-2018, 10:04 PM

scotty b

His name was Bryan, Michael. You have seen it over and over, yet like all of our discussions, you make misinformed statements based on on your ( in your own words " poor memory" ) I have NEVER denied there were issues with the work done on your car. I told you on the phone when I realized what had happened, and I have you thanking me in an email for being up front with you. I have posted a screen shot on World of all the emails between us trying to resolve this issue. Before I had a chance to post the emails I legally could ( due to your disclaimer ) you had the thread closed. I have made offers, I have also told you those offers could be increased pending you sending me pictures of your complaints. This, I have emailed you MULTIPLE times, yet to this day you have never sent me a single picture. Only the same broken record demands. You claimed I billed you for work I did not do. I asked you to prove it. You have yet ( this was about 3 weeks ago ) to show me this evidence. Instead of showing me why I owe you the sum you demand, you start going all over the internet trying to ruin my business, and accusing me of being a liar, thief and drug addict. ( I'm still waiting for you to fly out for the drug testing ) You present half truths as full facts. This way you avoid being called a liar. You tell everyone I offered you a small sum and never sent a dime. The FULL truth, and it is in emails, is that I offered to refund you the money for the work BRYAN did, and pending my reviewing your other complaints I may up the amount if I determined it was proper. In your follow up email you told me to send you that amount, and send me more once you decided what was proper. I responded by telling you I would not send a dime until we had a final settlement in writing. You leave all the rest of the story out just so I will look like the bad guy. Since that email I saw some more things that I agreed I owed you for, I then INCREASED my offer to you, yet you don't tell anyone about that

I apologize to all of you here for this debacle. I wasn't going to post again, but Michael has a vendetta just out to ruin my business and I have to defend myself. He refuses to respond to my requests for proof of complaints, and has threatened me for over a half year to do exactly what he is doing now if I didn't succumb to his demand. Many of you have seen various levels of my work, and as far as I know the only issue with people here was my time delays, which are due to an overwhelming work load, and trying to fix past problems.

I will openly say here I am no longer taking in any " patch " work, or low level resprays. I will only be doing full quality work at my discretion. Issues like this have forced me to turn away the average job and go more specialized. Most of you have seen my mid level work, some have seem my high level work. The high level is all there will be or I will move on to another profession.

And before someone brings up my website being "suspended " that is being looked into as I type. As of now it seems to be a problem with the server since they have a notice on their site about known problems they are resolving, but having a girlfriend in IT security we will certainly get it resolved. All was fine last week, so I'm a bit perplexed. Either way, Michael's car will no longer be shown on there once it is back up.

again, I apologize for this even being brought on here, and I thank those of you who have brought me work and choose to stand behind me

Last edited by scotty b; 07-18-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 PM

N0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threadsN0tt0N has five HoF threads

That seems definitive. Since everything being added here by the OP is also being posted elsewhere and the link is in the OP I suggest admins close this thread.
2016 Mazda CX-5 (Her DD)
2002 Boxster S (Gone) - Ragtop Blechster - Pura Patina!

Dorkiphus: I buy it for the articles
Old 07-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Make Dorki Great Again

BlackTalon

Always 3 sides to a story...

Which is why we do not like people using Dorki as a platform to air their grievances.

- 2021 quickly disappearing...
Old 07-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tt0n View Post
that seems definitive. Since everything being added here by the op is also being posted elsewhere and the link is in the op i suggest admins close this thread.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon View Post
always 3 sides to a story...

Which is why we do not like people using dorki as a platform to air their grievances.
x2

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 07-19-2018, 09:22 AM

Cairo94507 has one HoF thread

I will send the photos he seeks even though they are mostly on the World forum. Should I get a refund, I will post it here to let everyone know he stood by his word. I am willing to give him that chance. Sorry I forgot the name of a guy I never met and called him Ben instead of Bryan- my bad.

Last edited by Cairo94507; 08-19-2018 at 10:22 AM.