Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Putting a 2 post lift 3/4 the way up a mountainside.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 04:35 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

HVAC is super tight build with no suction side access to shop air. Plan to build a movable wall cover to go around the main floor blower. Shop space runs cool but comfortable. No supplementary heating or cooling needed based on July to now.

Have a 1/2 inch 3 hp Elu/DeWalt that I used to have mounted in a table saw wing. Worked well for most things up to but just shy of a 3 inch panel cutter. My 220V Jet shaper was solid and easy to set up for feeding big wood through without chatter, vibration or tearout from overfeeding.

Before beating up on old German cars I messed with wood and made Stickily furniture repairs and ahem, copies. I had some access to some original Gustav Stickily furniture while making paid repairs. Took measurements and drawings of the ones I liked. Lots of 5 quarters quarter sawn white oak. BTW a great way to turn hours, skills and wood into very little $ is make one off furniture. Most people have NO idea how much time and effort it takes to turn a White Oak log into a break front.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.