Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Putting a 2 post lift 3/4 the way up a mountainside.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

The basement shop is now roughed out with the work areas and existing equipment in place. Going to use it as is for a while and let things evolve as needed. When I first looked a the house the shop area was just chock full of randomly stored stuff.
The work bench and red tool box next to the blue blast cabinet is my son Ryan's work space and tool box. In order to max out the floor space in the garage I placed the tire changer and balancer in the shop next to the door to the garage. The dust control monster is a mash up of 2 systems from the old place controlled with a relay and a X-mass tree light remote. Does OK for now. I plan to remote mount the vacuum unit so the noise and any fumes go outside. Nice to go back to having a wood working area with open space and be able to keep bench tools out and at the ready. Long ago I sold off much of my wood working tools. Now I have to start replacing the missing machines. Jointer, large planer and a shaper to start.

I just noticed that Ryan is in the last image. snow day today. He has been trying to make a stick welder with some microwave transformers. $40 worth of electricity and about 2 feet of steel Tig rod later he is starting to get an arc to form. I am thinking of mounting a sprinkler head above his bench and tying it into the domestic cold water line.
Attached Images

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.