Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - So We Know This Won't Have a Manual Transmission Available
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughA44s View Post
Lets see - Will concede to this point: "The system does not need to know Bike or Person." I will however continue to contend that there are a limitless set of conditions available to cause a rules based algorithm to make bad "decisions", and put 10 of these cars together on a Freeway and the situation becomes impossible to characterize or test adequately. Agree to disagree on the long run safety of these systems.
I am talking about this one event. The car was not able to detect and react to a solid object in its path. This goes to detection and process time. I suspect there was a compromise in the detection / process systems along with external factors that pushed the detection threshold below the conditions.

For basic hard line process it needs not determine if it is an elk or a deer first just that there is something there and where “there” is.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.