Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Rejuvenate Mid Ohio
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 AM

Eric S

Hi Dave, we all agree that it is a club business decision; if it does not make sense to hold the MO event then it should be dropped. I certainly appreciate all efforts to retain the event, though the approach taken is also a business decision and I was highlighting an issue and suggesting ideas to increase the probability of success. I hope I'm wrong because MO is a legacy track for Potomac's DE program and for lots of reasons I prefer driving MO with Potomac, but it appears the writing is on the wall.

MO has been a big financial drain on the budget for years and in that sense has been subsidized by the more profitable events; even so, I doubt dropping MO will result in appreciably lowering entry fees for other DE events. Co-sponsoring is good in theory and can work, but the partner at this year's event added very little.

You're right that there are many opportunities to drive any track, and any club can be readily joined to gain access to their dates. But when the dates conflict, those alternate events also have the potential to take instructors and students from other Potomac events. When it comes to track schedules at the club or individual level, there are lots of interconnected moving pieces.

It is not my intention to throw stones, but rather to help. All of my comments are based on direct experience, have been respectfully presented and not directed at any person. Potomac is my home club of over fourteen years and I want it to be successful. From my experience in participating with many regions/clubs, I believe Potomac's DE program is designed and implemented far better than most - especially the emphasis on one student per instructor.
1992 911 C2 Targa