Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Where to repair bent rims???
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:20 AM

Nerfbar

I just had a very positive experience with Ye Old Wheel Shoppe in Elkridge, MD. After I pulled out my summer wheels and tires recently I went to Radial for a new set of tires. Paul showed me that I had two bent wheels. I remember now that sometime last fall we hit a massive pothole but soon switched over to our winter wheels and tires so I forgot about it. Paul asked permission to beat on them which I happily gave. He said he did a pretty good job, but they were not perfect. He was worried about cracking if he went too hard at it. He thought they might be good enough, but advised that it they didn't run smooth that he could send them out. After driving home, I was convinced that they weren't good enough. Yesterday I spent the morning at Ye Old. They heated the wheels with a torch and stretched them out on a special machine that they have. They are now back to normal. The total bill for two wheel repairs plus mounting and balancing was $360. This feels like a very good deal compared to the cost of a new factory wheel. I was very pleased with their professionalism and expertise and would not hesitate to have them do more work for me.

18 Carrera cab
15 Macan S