Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - My "new" E46 (1999 328i)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 01:34 PM

HughA44s has one HoF thread

I am working through the exact same process on a 2002 e46 M3 which I bought from a gippo lot down on Route 1. Although there was a bunch of bad and to be worked issues the Good are:
- 6-Speed Non-SMG (Mandatory)
- Clean Body (Clean Carfax and I can't see anything)
- Motor runs great and is a monster
- COMPLETE
- Good interior (some minor wear on the driver's seat finish but the leather is OK)
- Great price (Especially for a Non-SMG car) but I had to look pass some eye-ball issues and the completely gone suspension and brakes and the unsightly wheels. The brakes were the first things to be fixed, along with the broken rear spring.

My plan of attach is very similar to yours and others. For instance, After 1.5 days of laying on my back this weekend, I now have new motor mounts and FCABs - What a huge difference!!!!!! although the shocks and struts are still shot. I did fix the broken rear spring.

Next up:

- Drive shaft support
- Rear Diff Seal
- Trans Mounts
- Diff Mounts
- Rear Sub-Frame Mounts

I am finding that I am grouping things: For instance the above requires removal of the Exhaust and Driveshaft (Porsche Owners may find it shocking that some cars still have these) so might as well bite the bullet and tackle all at once. Good luck with your project.