Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Great Drivers Ed Intro
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 09:46 PM

JoeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der ABT View Post
Having logged a few miles driving and now a few coaching, collecting alot of laps and data along the way....
Not sure of youve attended any of my data talks but best laptime is not the best measure.

You really should be looking at consistency more than anything....if you can only do 1 lap at a 1:25 at summit and the rest are 130 and above......sometimes you get lucky.
When you learn to progress your skills....and REPEAT them over and over, thats when you see progression.

Thats really a good bit of the addiction.....soo many variables must be done just right.
For example, look at your theoretical best lap....how many tenths off are you....... 0.3 to 0.5 should be the goal with a Fast lap, not just an easy lap......if your 9 or 10 tenths you wont get it right everylap.....often when someone is learning you see .6 to 1.5 off their best lap, which then opens the door to picking low hanging fruit to work on.

Data has actually been around a long while in different forms.....i used to have a 8mm camcorder and video tap every run to watch and compare to friends later.
Now with GPS, laptiners, etc....its just more powerful....

But take a cheap gopro or knock off, video your run and sit down with someone or hire someone to review it.....ive done it fairly often.....you get some good things to work on you may not see....

Sorry to preach
Indeed I've attended 2 of your sessions and had our VBox demoed in my car. This is what got me thinking about analytics. Attached are 2 sessions from VIR showing deltas between fast and theoretical laps: 0.4, 1.3, 0.2 sec (the last delta not shown in image). This is the first time using ApexPro+TrackAttack to collect data so I can't generate this data from other DE events.

What channel is most informative when identifying the low hanging fruit to work on (Apex Score, delta time, lat, long acceleration, speed etc)? Can you recommend a book to learn how to interpret the data? It would be ideal to get an understanding of these basic concepts before setting up a coaching session. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_0422.pdf (415.8 KB, 518 views)