Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - '71 914-6 Restoration
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:53 AM

Cairo94507 has one HoF thread

Well, looks like my 914-6 is going to have a new home soon. No, I am not selling my car. My wife and I bought 2.8 acres on a very quiet court with 7 homes total, all have similar size lots so lots of room and privacy. The house (new to us) is 21 years old and is a bit larger than our current home. The 3-car garage is 36' feet wide and 25' deep so it is a bit bigger too with a 10' ceiling.

That means I will be remodeling and possibly adding on to this garage; I might take it out to a 4-car. My current garage is really nice (I remodeled that about 4 years ago) and this one will be similar but different in some aspects.

But the garage is not the first priority. My twin bother and I are very close and I want him to live on our property. So he will build a 1200 sq. ft. ADU on the east side of our property. The thought at this time is to build his home on top of his garage. The garage would then be as close as possible to the foot print of the home- that would minimize the overall footprint and still give him a large garage. We want to design it with a mechanical room in the garage that would house all of the typical stuff as well as a compressor, washer/dryer, heat/AC, water heater, etc. That way it keeps the 1200 sq. ft. as real living space. If that is possible, and I believe it is as a neighbor just built an ADU on his lot with his shop below it, then I would likely leave my garage its current size and we would make my brother's garage our toy and his daily drivers garage.

Well, that's the plan. Never hurts to have a plan....

Last edited by Cairo94507; 09-06-2021 at 09:32 AM.