Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Brake pedal pressure issue
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by R717 View Post
^^^. Despite trying several methods (vacuum, pressure, gravity, wife leg workout), I always get a few more bubbles after a test drive with some spirited braking.
yep. do the same after a full rebuild and bleed. Finish brakes, flush and reset pads. finish the other stuff. Drive car and burp the brakes again. More than once a client has said the brakes Never Ever felt as hard and crisp.

I no longer bother with anything other than power vacuum bleeding. Not the hand pump Miti vac but air power type vacuum. Pressure bleeding risks the occasional hose blow or popping off a fitting and resulting fluid shower.
No chance of that with vacuum and it even lets you suck the little dribble up from the bleed fittings before putting the cap back on. Vacuum lets you safely remove the fluid from the reservoir prior to a flush.
Pressure bleeding makes the bubbles smaller, more dense and less likely to release from the fluid or trap points. Vacuum makes the bubbles larger than normal and far more likely to be entrained in the fluid and removed. Night and day difference in time spent and results in removing air. Fhysics!

Tapping the caliper with a soft mallet while flowing fluid helps too.

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.