Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Entrepreneurial Spirit?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I need another Porsche

Patrick3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
I have not had the same outcome. I have been on both sides of the and in between. I have run my own little make things and sell them company, fix things co and worked for a couple of good sizes companys. I have found that you can work for a company and enjoy many positive aspects. In my case I write my own script every day and so long as I am doing a good job I am left to run my team of my own making and do my thing. This holds true as a sole prop too but the risk and added levels of work are far higher. Do good work and be valuable is key to any happy outcome. I strive to do good work and also have the time to go home and do good work there too. "Good" is time for me and the kids and a team at "work" to do my work when I am not there. Totaly unfair in a way but I get the credit when one of my guys does good under my direction. Fair in another way as I trained them all and they work in my system and matrix. I don't have to deal with the lay awake at night crap just the train, tune, act and react aspects of the job. I can take some time away from the day job and spend it at the track or on a river with the kids. Less risk is not something to dismiss when you are also putting your kids future on the table too. In my case I left an entire future track behind in order to secure a stable world for the kids. Might sound like a cop out but it is not. I enjoy my day work and my daily faimly time that is open to be spent as I see fit, not doing paperwork and making calls looking for my money as I used to do as a sole prop. At 4:00 p.m. I am looking at part two of each day. I own part two and it arives paid in full by part one.

YMMV.
Well said

Lucky owner of a couple of 911’s and another Porsche