Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - So it's been awhile...
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:34 PM

pookie
Default So it's been awhile...

since I posted here. It has also been far too long since I have done anything to my 911. Some of you may remember me, if not I'll never forget some of you helping with an engine drop/install, and things like Tito repacking my axle shafts. I've been busy in a good way, raising two highly entertaining kids, but now they both want to ride in the 911 at the same time. I've decided I need to get off my butt and get the car back in shape. I've also decided to use this time to correct some of stupid things I did 17 years ago when I first got the car.

Here are the specs on the car:
1976 911 S Targa
3.2 motor
Steve Wong chip
Euro ride height
Bilstein shocks front and rear (I think)
Larger torsion bars but I don't remember which ones (they came from someone on here though)

The car has been taken out and used for short drives around town/backroads the past 8 years but it has not been maintained like it should have. I have at least been lucky enough that TN has 100% gas without any ethanol that I have used since we got here.

Things I know it needs:
- rear tires
- valve adjustment
- oil change
- brake bleed
- brake pads and rotors (probably)
- spark plugs
- air filter
- small dent on the driver's fender
- headlight rings could use a paint
- rear bumper to body seal replaced
- door panels fixed or replaced
- steering wheel loose
- targa bar interior material is coming loose

Things I would like to do:
- replace the seats with aftermarket or nice factory ones (currently has some trashed stock seats)
- clean the interior and exterior
- RS door panels (prefer to make my own)
- possible replace the carpet
- clean the underside of the car, wheel wells, fenders, etc.
- lightweight battery and tie down

And because nothing is complete without a pic, here is one from a few months ago. Lighting is bad but it is one of the most recent pics. (also is there a way to load pics without having to resize them all?)
Attached Images

1976 911S Targa 3.2 swap