Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - A couple Swiss Army Knives
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Site Admin

Jazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threadsJazzbass has eight HoF threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
IIRC you have an image that does not have the logo plaque in the center. Might be hard for them to fight someone taking a picture of a bunch of knives and selling a "Pocket knives Puzzle" but the logo plaque sort of kills that argument. I can take pictures of my car and sell them.

Forgiveness is less effort than permission.
Right, and that's plan b. The nice thing about the logo puzzle is that it gives the user a nice large easily solved area to start with. The other thing about getting permission is that many of the quality puzzle printers I've found have dimensions that are not quite the 1.5 aspect ratio of this shot, which means there are blank areas to fill. The most obvious way to do that is add words like "Swiss Army" and company name.

Funny thing is I actually have some contacts within Victorinox so this might be an easier conversation to have than one would think. Another side project that I started a couple years ago was a book on the history and evolution of the knives. First thing I did was contact Victorinox and they were more than happy to give me permission to use logos and trademarks pending approval of the source material (i.e. making sure it's not a hit piece on their products).
1999 E46 328i