Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Dustless Strippers??
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM

scotty b

I had that system, used it about a dozen times. Cursed it every time I used it and sold it. Lost my ass on the P.O.S. The guy I sold it to said he was buying them up from shops like me that realized it wasn't good for cars. He then reworked something in the plumbing to make it ruin smoother ( it spits and chugged a LOT no matter how I adjusted it ) , made an enclosed trailer and sold them for graffiti removal.

The problem is that the media gets mixed with water. Ever built a sand castle with water and sand ? ( crushed glass ) remember how it packs really tight to hold the shape of the bucket ???? Now imagine what it does in the cracks and crevices of a car ....

I did a couple 911's, a 914, a 30 Ford and a 36 Chevy, 3-4 American car frames and several motorcycle frames. All inside and out. Every time it took me 2-4 days to blast, clean it all out, then treat the spots that started rusting WHILE I was blasting. The HOLDTITE solution they sell seemed to be hit and miss depending on outside humidity.

If you are ONLY getting the outer shell done like they show in the sales videos you will be fine, but I would strongly suggest not doing the inside, engine bay or trunk with it. FWIW I did my '68 Chrysler, exterior only, and yes it did well stripping 2 repaints + some minor body filler aside from the feed issues