Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - 1997 328is
Thread: 1997 328is
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Tito

86911TLCAB
Default 1997 328is

Well it has been an interesting winter so far. after the loss of the 325i in October and parting it out I came upon three cars over the past 4 months. 94 Honda Accord which I repaired and sold to a neighbor. A Lexus sc300 which I had committed to buy from a friend. It needed a timing belt due to age. Swapped it out though the existing 11 year old timing belt looked perfect to me. And a dorki 328is (thanks handlebar) which I was initially planning to pull parts from for my 99, but have decided to keep as my son is asking to take the sc300.

Driving I decided the car needed a clutch replacement and had a hard pedal and something else which didn't seem right. When I pushed the pedal to the floor it wouldvibrate and grind really badly. So pulled the transmission and discovered it will need a clutch, so parts being ordered. C and c machine shop apparently can resurface a dual mass flywheel. So will see if mine can be resurfaced before ordering another (or may likely get a regular flywheel conversion kit which is available).

The grinding I believe was coming from a broken fork pivot pin. Plastic piece which costs all of 2 bucks but requires tranny removal to get to. So while I am in there going to replace all shift bushings, center bearing and guibo. Should be a load of fun driving. Couple pics below. Got stuck today pulling the tranny out as the starter wouldn't separate. Had to pull the intake to get access to hit the starter a few times to get it to part from the tranny. Might be time for an older version of the intake. Couple of pics provided.
Attached Images

82 911 SC with 3.2
73 RSR project
97 328is
99 328is
97 Lexus SC300 Manual

86 TL (gone)
993 (gone)
75 911S (gone)