Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - DE Car Selection
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 04:35 PM

forklift

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Fotouhi View Post
It has been a while since we have had a DE car discussion, so I think peanut gallery should be ready for this. I likely ask the same on RL since the entertainment value is different there.

We plan to put the 993 up for sale when it is ready, but will drive it until it sells (hopefully quickly).

Since I am not paying the crazy asking money for 6GT3, and Carolyn does not want to drive a Vett at PCA DEs, my thoughts are a 99 996 C2 would be the way to go. My only reason is that it has no electronic driving aids (except ABS) like PSM/TC, etc. which is a requirement. I admit that I do not know anything about 996 except that 2000 MY C2 got eGas (I think that is what is called), but not sure when TC became standard.

I think a street registered care with working a/c that would be capable of 1:23 or better lap times at SP needs the following:

Club-Sort "A "Kit Suspension Tarett
GT3 seats Porsche
Seat mount and slider Porsche ?
Bolt-in roll bar ?
LSD Guard
Harness Sparco FIA Endurance
Wheels OZ
Oil Sump Baffle Tarett
wheel Studs Tarett
Semi-solid engine mount Wevo
Deep Sump Kit Tarett

The suspension kit includes JRZ double adjustable and some GT3 bits, but keeps many of the rubber bushings. What am I missing or could I use Bilstein PSS10 and ala cart suspension to get to the same end?
Sounds like you will be around $40-45k all in? What is your budget? Looks like there are plenty of decent 996s out there but I'm not seeing many w/ track mods. I'd also consider an E46 M3.
Jim, ex P-car: 93 RSA, G stock #222