Dorkiphus.net

Dorkiphus.net (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/index.php)
-   Problems, Support & BBS Questions (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Attaching images (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=12367)

Jazzbass 01-18-2007 10:19 PM

Attaching images

7 Attachment(s)
A couple people have already figured this out, but I thought I'd post officially on it.

With the new version of vBulletin, you can now post pictures INLINE with your post, much like you can on Pelican. The interface to do this is a little wacky, so here's your how-to.

Step 1 - enable the WYSIWYG editor under Quick Links > Edit Options (under User Control Panel), like so:

Attachment 3548

Step 2 - Use the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of a thread to open the advanced replay page. You can't do this via the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread.

Step 3
- Click the paper clip icon at the top of the editor:

Attachment 3549

You'll see a pop-up window like this appear:

Attachment 3551

If you don't see this, disable your browser's pop-up blocker.

Step 4 -Click the first "Browse" button to find an image on you computer. You'll get another pop-up window that will allow you to navigate the files on your computer to find the image you want to upload. Once you find the right file, you'll see the name of the file show up in the "Manage Attachments" pop up window (see below, highlighted in yellow).

Attachment 25745

You can upload up to 5 files at a time, so if you have more than one image to upload, use the other "Browse" buttons to find the other images.

Note: If you are not a BBS sponsor, you can only upload 128kB of images. BBS sponsors can upload 5MB per post.

Step 5 - Upload the file. Once you've selected the files to upload, click the "Upload" button in the box that says "Upload Files From You Computer".

At this point, your browser will upload the files to the website. Once the upload is complete, you'll see the name of the file disappear from the "Upload File from your Computer" box and appear in the "Current Attachements" box:

Attachment 25746

Step 6 - Close the "Manage Attachments pop-up to go back to your post by clicking the "Close This Window" link in the upper right hand corner of the window:

Attachment 25747

Step 7 - Insert the images into your post. After you close the upload window, click the paper clip again. This time, you'll see a menu of the images you uploaded. Click on one of the items in the menu, and it will insert the image tags inline with your post, wherever the cursor was. If you don't insert the images inline using this method, they'll appear in a block at the end of your post.

Attachment 3552

The images tags look like this: (ATTACH)3550(/ATTACH), except with [ instead if ( - as shown in the image above.

Enjoy!

turbo23dog 01-21-2007 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Testing the process... grabbed an old photo from a tech at Kurt's

Attachment 3571

turbo23dog 01-21-2007 08:58 PM

Seems to work well, just will need a way to remind myself that you need to click on the paperclip icon twice.. once to upload the picture, again to select to include in the post.

Thanks Chris. I've found this to be one of the most fustrating parts of posting to Dorkiphus.

Rob in VA 01-21-2007 09:02 PM

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Makes including images much, much easier rather than posting 'em on some other site and linking 'em back.

brianr 02-01-2007 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a test. I could never get this before, thank you!

Attachment 3647

BeerBurner 04-08-2008 05:23 PM

Ok, I'm trying to attach my track pictures but it's telling me that the upload failed. Is it because of the 944? :(

BB.

Rob in VA 04-08-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBurner (Post 196316)
Ok, I'm trying to attach my track pictures but it's telling me that the upload failed. Is it because of the 944? :(

BB.

Yes. Why in hell would we want to see a four four?

BeerBurner 04-08-2008 07:21 PM

'cuz this one actually made an entire day without breaking! ;)

BB.

Vicegrip 04-08-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBurner (Post 196355)
'cuz this one actually made an entire day without breaking! ;)

BB.

The image is being rejected out of disbelief!

Thanks for the play by play Jazzbase. It works.

Jase007 04-09-2008 09:00 AM

Super:

When you get bored of that one let me know ... I'll help take it off your hands!! :)

*No, not the 911.