Dorkiphus.net

Dorkiphus.net (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/index.php)
-   Porsche Technical Discussions (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   991 Shipment from DC area to Seattle (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=41086)

Cesmorris 04-05-2021 03:44 PM

991 Shipment from DC area to Seattle
 
Do any of you have a recommendation on a car transport to ship a 991 from Fairfax Station, VA to Seattle?

Dr K 04-05-2021 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 64085

racer 04-06-2021 08:28 AM

I've used Intercity before. Not cheap but great service. If you have an issue of Panorama, look through there. Lots of reputible ads.. Reliable, Intercity, Horesless Carraige. Trick is timing up the delivery and since they are LARGE rigs, you may need to be a little flexible on drop off/pick up spots.. no narrow winding residential streets / trails etc.

Or "UShip" and leave to a 3rd party. Given the value of the car, I'd want enclosed.. especially cross country.

Or, drive it instead! ;)

Nerfbar 04-06-2021 08:42 AM

Our daughter had a horror show trying to ship a car back from Ca. She went with a discount broker who arranges spaces with third party truckers. On the day for the pickup the truck didn't show up because of some excuse. After that she had a fight with the broker to make good and finally had some friends drive it back. I don't know if she ever got her prepaid money back.

I'd drive it out for you. Of course, I only drive five or six hours a day these years.

Patrick3000 04-06-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer (Post 647871)
I've used Intercity before. Not cheap but great service. If you have an issue of Panorama, look through there. Lots of reputible ads.. Reliable, Intercity, Horesless Carraige. Trick is timing up the delivery and since they are LARGE rigs, you may need to be a little flexible on drop off/pick up spots.. no narrow winding residential streets / trails etc.

Or "UShip" and leave to a 3rd party. Given the value of the car, I'd want enclosed.. especially cross country.

Or, drive it instead! ;)

I have used Intercity twice with great results and UShip, they were ok. Also used a third party broker with strict instructions to give me his most reliable driver not the lowest price and that was ok as well.

The last car we just drove to upstate New York and picked it up.

Barry’s offer is a good way to go.

Cesmorris 04-06-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerfbar (Post 647872)
Our daughter had a horror show trying to ship a car back from Ca. She went with a discount broker who arranges spaces with third party truckers. On the day for the pickup the truck didn't show up because of some excuse. After that she had a fight with the broker to make good and finally had some friends drive it back. I don't know if she ever got her prepaid money back.

I'd drive it out for you. Of course, I only drive five or six hours a day these years.

If you are serious, what would a reasonable charge be for you to do the drive? I was debating the drive myself.

Cesmorris 04-06-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick3000 (Post 647894)
I have used Intercity twice with great results and UShip, they were ok. Also used a third party broker with strict instructions to give me his most reliable driver not the lowest price and that was ok as well.

The last car we just drove to upstate New York and picked it up.

Barry’s offer is a good way to go.

Thanks. Looking at open and closed estimates. Seems open is around $1400 and closed is more like $2100.

Cesmorris 04-06-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr K (Post 647869)

Yep. That would be for me to welcome my car on the other end!

Cesmorris 04-06-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer (Post 647871)
I've used Intercity before. Not cheap but great service. If you have an issue of Panorama, look through there. Lots of reputible ads.. Reliable, Intercity, Horesless Carraige. Trick is timing up the delivery and since they are LARGE rigs, you may need to be a little flexible on drop off/pick up spots.. no narrow winding residential streets / trails etc.

Or "UShip" and leave to a 3rd party. Given the value of the car, I'd want enclosed.. especially cross country.

Or, drive it instead! ;)

Thank you.

Patrick3000 04-07-2021 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesmorris (Post 647899)
Thanks. Looking at open and closed estimates. Seems open is around $1400 and closed is more like $2100.

I forgot, Intercity offers a Rennlist users discount to anyone who asks for it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.