Dorkiphus.net

Dorkiphus.net (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/index.php)
-   Employment & Networking (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   helping a friend find a job (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=37669)

spiffyjiff 06-02-2017 10:45 AM

helping a friend find a job

a buddy of mine is being "reorganized" right out the door and i'm trying to help him find his next gig. the generals are: he has MBA / CPA, has finance and FP&A background, and has been in a stable series of successive positions in the North Amer. HQ of a multi-$Bn food and facilities company for past 15+ years. he is looking for something "senior" in nature, maybe director/sr. director in a large corp FP&A department, or CFO of small-ish company, etc. one limiting factor is that he lives in gaithersburg MD so he would like to work local-ish - rockville, bethesda, frederick, silver spring - but is not opposed to opportunities in DC/VA.

He's going thru the usual channels - linkedin, head hunters, outplacement svcs blah blah - but word of mouth never hurts so if you have any leads i can pass on (or if a full resume is needed), please let me know.

mbar 06-02-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiffyjiff (Post 585679)
a buddy of mine is being "reorganized" right out the door and i'm trying to help him find his next gig. the generals are: he has MBA / CPA, has finance and FP&A background, and has been in a stable series of successive positions in the North Amer. HQ of a multi-$Bn food and facilities company for past 15+ years. he is looking for something "senior" in nature, maybe director/sr. director in a large corp FP&A department, or CFO of small-ish company, etc. one limiting factor is that he lives in gaithersburg MD so he would like to work local-ish - rockville, bethesda, frederick, silver spring - but is not opposed to opportunities in DC/VA.

He's going thru the usual channels - linkedin, head hunters, outplacement svcs blah blah - but word of mouth never hurts so if you have any leads i can pass on (or if a full resume is needed), please let me know.

Pls Send me a PM
You never know...

BlackTalon 06-02-2017 12:20 PM

I know you already indicated so, but at that level he should work with a headhunter. CFO-level jobs typical entail a pretty good vetting process. Word of mouth might turn up something as you say, but he is looking executive-level so he needs all the pro help he can get.

spiffyjiff 06-02-2017 12:24 PM

yep agreed, he's got a HH working too.

part of the reorg here was also "outplacement svcs" but who the heck knows what that entails or how invested / thorough those folks are.

Dr K 06-02-2017 05:06 PM

I passed this to my CFO David Samuels, who sent back "he contact Don Olinger at Cordia Partners."

Goldie 06-05-2017 09:26 AM

Wish I could help, we are looking for a more junior person, small company here.

I have had good conversations with Gerry Beatly; he's in Rockville, knows local market pretty well. Echo the reference Peter made, Cordia, that's a solid group as well.

spiffyjiff 06-05-2017 10:58 AM

Thanks gents! he sent info to Cordia.

flipb 06-05-2017 11:40 AM

If he sees anything of interest at Blackboard, PM me and I can submit a referral.