PDA

View Full Version : Will DEs get you an scca license?

markwemple
06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
As above..... PCA of course.

cmartin
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
No correlation, if I understand your question correctly. Check http://scca.org/Club/Index.asp?IdS=0160B0-B3B3C70&x=030|055&~=

"If it's road racing you are interested in, you will most likely have to attend at least two SCCA approved Driver Schools. However, if you attend an accredited racing school, it may count as one, or even both of your required SCCA Drivers Schools.
• If you attend a private racing school before your first SCCA Driver School, the Chief Steward of your SCCA Driver School may waive your second SCCA Driver School.
• If you attend a private racing school after your first SCCA Driver School, you must request a waiver from your Divisional Licensing Administrator. You can obtain the address of your Divisional Licensing Administrator from this web site (or write/call/ the SCCA Central Licensing Department.

NOTE: While the SCCA Driver Schools and private racing schools have similar names, they are somewhat different in scope. A primary goal of an SCCA Drivers School is to teach novices how to race safely and expose them to racing in the SCCA.

• Accredited Driving Schools
• SCCA Regional Driving Schools
• Divisional Licensing Chairman: (See Divisions map to verify your Division ).
• Northern Pacific Division
• Southern Pacific Division
• Rocky Mountain Division
• Central Division
• Midwest Division
• Southwest Division
• Southeast Division
• Northeast Division
"

racer
06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
SCCA has their own rules as Chris has pointed out. My brother recently went through the procedure. Depending on the skills you bring to the school you could get "signed" off for a rookie "provisional" license after one school. Usually it takes two "schools". That's only for a PROVISIONAL regional license. You then need to FINISH several regional races to get a regional license. Then you can apply for a National License. Then you can run the Daytona 24hr!

bettyc
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
As of a year or two ago SCCA has a reciprocal agreement with PCA. If you have a PCA Club racing license they will grant you a provisional license with SCCA which will get you into the regional events.

Since you are required to have a certain number of days of racing school or DE for a PCA Club Race license it follows that DE will eventually get you to an SCCA license. It just may not be the quickest way....

Alan Herod
06-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Personally I think the PCA driver's Eds are a great path to get started. In my SCCA schools (the first time I got my license) no one rode in the car with me and I was only observed from one or two turns. After a 12 year hiatus, I had to go back through the licensing procedure again, and again no one ever got in the car with me, exact same procedure -- except I was signed off that day and raced the next. Rookie for one more regional -- then four more regionals and a national license.

More information deleted, you can ask me about it next time you see me.