PDA

View Full Version : PCA Potomac Club Race 3 days

Chopper Dropper
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Check my announcement on Porsche Talk. I am hoping most of the Dorki gang will volunteer to help for this event. Its a blast to see what goes on if you are not driving.Your Porsche community needs you, and whether PCA or Dorkiphiles we are Porsche people. Kurt will (I hope) run the Tech side as before, and if he is very good I might let him sit next to me with a nice coloured T shirt on ;)
Dirk

cmartin
01-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Dirk

I will never forget giving you the red flag as you passed our corner with the arm candy. :)

Dorki should aim to TAKE OVER the club race. :twisted:

Jim Richards
01-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Dorki should aim to TAKE OVER the club race. :twisted:
Let's not get carried away, Chris. Maybe first focus on the trophy girls.

cmartin
01-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Good one. Trophies girls it is. I get the tall one. 8)

All kidding aside, the Club Race is a lot of fun to work. I've been a corner worker 3-4 yrs and enjoy being up close and personal with the race. Loads of fun.

rs911t
01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I will never forget giving you the red flag as you passed our corner with the arm candy
Chris, you're mistaken. It was a gent (who will remain nameless) that not only DID NOT stop as he was supposed to, but actually flipped us off as he drove over the hill. he drives a slow little green car
:lol:

cmartin
01-07-2005, 04:25 PM
LOL

Right you are. My thoughts must have been on your 'errand' that weekend. :roll:

Chopper Dropper
01-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I felt in the interests of your safety (Corner Workers) it would be safer, as is allowed, not to stop immediately. The fact that I also flipped you off, was purely an acknowledgement that I was driving a brand new twin turbo speed yellow cabriolet with 3 young innocent females who would have had you guys for breakfast and needed a reliable fast old fart what speaks English to take care of them.
Dirk

Trak Ratt
01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
needed a
1. reliable
2. fast
3. old fart
4. what speaks English
Dirk

1 = compared to :?:
2 = faster than me, but that's still not all that "fast" :roll:
3 = hard to argue this point :!:
4 = sounds like some sort of english, but the jury is still out :twisted:

Jase007
01-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Man ... I must have missed a lot of these "stories" when they occured. I'll be there but behind the wheel 8). Won an award last year for getting on the podium but was getting towed in (out of gas) when the trophy girls were presenting them. I am sure one of my esteemed dorki brethren could have stepped up in my place for an incriminating photo :lol: . Have yet to see it.

Years ago ... I used to corner work these "races" at LRP CT and other tracks (bridgehampton). A lot can be learned from parking at a corner and watching the varied lines of the different types of cars (when on the gas, off the gas, goes early, goes late, trail brakes, doesn't trail brake, passes on the inside, passes on the outside, etc...)

Jase

Doug E
01-09-2005, 09:35 AM
After volunteering for just Sunday last year I hope to be able to make it both Sat and Sun this year. Both days are already on the family calendar but a lot could happen between now and then ...

Adding a 3rd day is a great idea but unfortunately for some of us we'll have to be in the office working :cry:

Chopper Dropper
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Adding the third day took some doing and yes we understand we may be scurrying around but hope we can fill all the slots needed even if we are down a bit on manpower. The enduros have been requested for years, but were not possible when we had 4 run groups and only 2 days.Hope all who can will be there on the Friday as well.
Dirk