PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Register For The 7/24 & 7/25 DE Today?

Doug E
05-25-2004, 10:31 PM
After coming off the DE high from this past weekend I was just curious if anybody else registered today for the Potomac July DE on the Shenandoah circuit?

Granted I realize that the track still isn't ready to host an event today but you never know, maybe miracles will happen and the track will be ready by the end of July....

cmartin
05-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Yep, I logged in at 1:05 am. :)

Currently I am signed up for the Potomac event and 2 weeks later the Schattenbaum event. The Audi club is there in the middle, should I try 3 weeks in a row? :twisted:

APKhaos
05-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanx for the reminder, Doug. Just registered.

I drove the Shenandoah layout over the weekend. Around 40% paved, around 90% graded, base laid, and ready to pave. Can see quite a bit being paved by mid July IF that is the plan. The track is quite configurable, so it is possible that it will be completed in sections.

It is certainly going to be a technically challenging course. There are sections of connected small radius turn, rapid elevation changes, and more. Depending on the layout being run, there are some daunting views of the concrete walls at very close range. The Karrosel entry and exit will be exciting. Definitely one line only, and there will be some battles for that line coming up to the turn!

All in all it looks like a really great track.
We will probably hear from some of the same high HP types who criticised Barber for being too technical [read 'not enough opportunity to go flat strap in a straight line'] Should be great for the rest fo us!

cmartin
05-25-2004, 11:12 PM
HAH! 'The rest of us' says the 951. :)

Parenn911
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
I just registered, my status is pending.

Jim Richards
05-26-2004, 07:13 AM
For me, Watkins Glen will have to due for the month of July. I'll try to come out to play in August. Hope the S.C. is ready for you guys to enjoy. :D

bettyc
05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
For anyone interested who can get away on a Monday, Reisentoter region is hosting an event on the main track at Summit 6/28. They're on the Jefferson Circuit the Sat/Sun prior. You can do all 3 days or just Monday.

Jim Richards
05-26-2004, 10:44 AM
For anyone interested who can get away on a Monday, Reisentoter region is hosting an event on the main track at Summit 6/28. They're on the Jefferson Circuit the Sat/Sun prior. You can do all 3 days or just Monday.
Hmmmm, track time in June...might want to jump on that! :D

rs911t
05-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the reminder - just registered !!

Charlie Stylianos
05-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I'll be in FL during this weekend. I'll be thinking about you guys while lounging on the beach :P

rs911t
05-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered at 11:00 this morning and I'm already 'waitlisted'. :( FYI: the window in green is something less than 11 hours.

Jim Richards
05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered at 11:00 this morning and I'm already 'waitlisted'. :( FYI: the window in green is something less than 11 hours.
No worries, Greg. You're waitlisted for the track that seems like it'll never be finished. Maybe we should form a pool to guess when it'll first be ready for DEs. We can accept entries through 2006. :P

Doug E
05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Please dont' rain on our parade Jim ... that track has to be finished sometime soon :lol:

Sounds like the "technical aspect" will level the playing field for my 185 hp SC!

BTW, I just checked and I'm accepted so now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed ...