PDA

View Full Version : Attorney position

markwemple
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Due to cutbacks, I may have lost my contract with Maryland and may need to seek employment and give up my solo practice. Most of my experience has been in criminal and I have been lead counsel on 1st degree murder and rape cases. I have also done family, education, immigration and civil work. Any leads are greatly appreciated.

joep
08-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I know your looking for a more permanent gig right now, but are you open to a pro bono, or "low budget" defense case or two in VA? If so I have friends in low places so PM me for details.

Trak Ratt
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Vet. Admin. is hiring. But it would mean working for the man, and prolly include health care. No more infor but try Jobs.usa

VaSteve
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Usajobs.com

Trak Ratt
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Usajobs.comlol, looked right when I typed it

markwemple
08-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I know your looking for a more permanent gig right now, but are you open to a pro bono, or "low budget" defense case or two in VA? If so I have friends in low places so PM me for details.

I am licensed in MD and with the Federal District Court in MD. I'll take low-income defendants for now. Hell, that's what my contact is, essentially. (meaning I have no problem working around someone's budget)

I'd love tyo keep the doors open but, became "comfortable" with the state thing (about 50% of my income). Should've developed a contingency plan, I guess.

markwemple
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Vet. Admin. is hiring. But it would mean working for the man, and prolly include health care. No more infor but try Jobs.usa

Do you have connections? I've been looking at usajobs, but with this economy, it can't hurt to have an insider.

Trak Ratt
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you have connections? I've been looking at usajobs, but with this economy, it can't hurt to have an insider.
What, I look like I need a lawyer :?

markwemple
08-29-2011, 04:10 PM
No, but you could be a vet;) (I know, you are one)