PDA

View Full Version : Engineer looking for something near North East, MD

Imprezivblue
04-11-2010, 11:12 PM
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a job near North East, MD.

Background: I'm currently a new product development engineer in a manufacturing facility for a major tire company. My responsibilities go beyond design and I compile my area's monthly financial reports, schedule all of our development projects, communicate with corporate, and fight fires. I deal with corporate quality specs, ISO procedures, and manipulating specs in SAP on a daily basis. I've been there for almost three years (be three years in July).

I'm looking to stay in manufacturing but I might be able to be convinced otherwise. I have an industrial engineer degree from Virginia Tech. I have aspirations of upper management and eventually want to get some experience in project management.

If you have any questions or want a resume just send me a message.

PS - I'm Mike Buck's girlfriend.

Dr K
04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
If you have any questions or want a resume just send me a message.

PS - I'm Mike Buck's girlfriend.How about a PHOTO? :D

Imprezivblue
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
How about a PHOTO? :D

If you've been to Potomac HPDEs or club races in the last 4 years, chances are you've already seen me. . .

This isn't my first internet car forum ;)

Dr K
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
If you've been to Potomac HPDEs or club races in the last 4 years, chances are you've already seen me. . .
Sounds like Mike is indeed a lucky guy!! :D

tomfree
04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Welcome Tara...to another place on the internet that I hang out. Is it Danville that has you down, or Goodyear?

Imprezivblue
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome Tara...to another place on the internet that I hang out. Is it Danville that has you down, or Goodyear?

It's a combination of things. Danville isn't quite the place for a 26 year old female. My coworkers can't get their permission slips signed to even go out for a beer after work because they have families and other engagements. The job soapbox gets bigger by the day and if you don't have a good support system close it makes things even more difficult. I'm tired fighting everyone and everything to get my job done. Our work loaded has increased over 400% and no additional labor has been added. They scheduled 9 of my 10 vacation days already for me this year for shutdowns in August and between Christmas and New Years. It's great having VIR so close but it doesn't make everything better, just slightly more livable. Mike is 6 hours away from me and we've been dating for 4.5 years. . . Lots of reasons to leave and not many to stay anymore. . .

tomfree
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
I hear you, my friend. I'm in the job market myself these days, but still gainfully employed, thankfully. You should have come out to VIR the other weekend for the ChumpCar 24 hr race. It was a good time, but hard work.

I wish I had some leads for you, but since I'm one of those "systems engineers" (i.e. not a real engineer) I'm afraid I'm of no help.

Best of luck to my favorite redhead.