PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure testing

86911TLCAB
11-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone have the set up to do the fuel pressure test on a CIS as described in the Bently manual. Can you tell me where i can buy the needed three way valve (or is it actually needed) to prevent driving all over looking for one? thanks.

OldTee
11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Harbor Fright has em. So does Auto Zone, or whatever it is called these days. Cost $30 to $60. Learning to use it is another matter. I bought my set from a Internet tool source, I forget which. Have a fire extinguisher handy when doing this type of work. No sparks from electrical switches on drop lights, etc.
ARF

Trak Ratt
11-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I haz them too.

86911TLCAB
11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks...will swing by auto Zone in a little while and see if i can get it...might as well buy one myself as proper fuel pressure for CIS is crucial, so might as well learn how to do it.. Have hads a Fire Ext with me for the past few days...almost had to use it yesterday when one of the fuel lines popped loose...

William Miller
11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Besides the gauges you should get a good assortment of fittings /adapters in the kit.

86911TLCAB
11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
OK...I bought the kit. It is by a company called actron. It is the proffessional kit. Now how is the best way to connect it?

86911TLCAB
11-10-2008, 08:46 PM
John, Dave, Bill, Anyone one else who knows:

I purchased all the needed connections (probably more than i need, but had to make it up as i went along) at True value hardware. Now does it matter if the valve is on the line for the guage (so it can be closed off) or is it ok to have it like Johns in the picture he posted on a different thread. I figure the way it is in John you cant close the fuel to the guage? Make any difference...

Also, I intend to use 3/8 fuel injection hose for the hose...that OK? thanks...tito