PDA

View Full Version : 73 Saab Sonett

good hands
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Due to health reasons my dad is selling his 73 saab. It was previously owned by someone who had a body shop and they did some neat custom body work to it. The car supposedly has 29k original miles on it but i am not sure this could be confirmed. the interior is very clean and looks like an original interior with low miles. The car is clean and runs very strong. PPI's would be very welcome. He is asking 4900.00. You can pm if interested and i can send more pictures.

Rick V
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey Scott, is the price right? 5k?

markwemple
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Nice 97. Never seen a Sonett w/ body mods before. A potential buyer will want to know if you still have the stock stuff. V4, right? Best of luck with the sale!

good hands
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Scott, is the price right? 5k?

yes 5k is it.

I think it's a steal but the right buyer needs to like the body mods.

yes v4.

GM2006
08-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Any interior pics?

Spike
08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I had a 1969 Sonett. It was a great little car, and the V4 was basically a Mercury Capri engine if I recall so parts were as close as the Ford dealer.
It also had a built in roll cage and the fuel tank was right behind the driver and passenger seats. Does this car have the same basic layout?

TD in DC
08-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Honey, I shrank the mustang ;)

good hands
08-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I had a 1969 Sonett. It was a great little car, and the V4 was basically a Mercury Capri engine if I recall so parts were as close as the Ford dealer.
It also had a built in roll cage and the fuel tank was right behind the driver and passenger seats. Does this car have the same basic layout?

very similar layout. in fact my dad has a 69 that is not for sale yet. ( hoping to inherit that one ;) )

the cars are basically the same except for the body work and the 69 has the stick shift on the column.

}{arlequin
08-03-2007, 03:42 PM
i've never heard of such a car... gotta read up i guess

smdubovsky
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I have an old autocross friend who vintages races a sonett spyder (one-off)and a formula saab. You can see neat helmet cam video of VIR-S in the sonett w/ the old column shift on his website:
http://at-speed.com/

SMD

Spike
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
with a turbo added, these ruled the north ice racing scene when I was a kid.

Dr K
08-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Due to health reasons

Hi, Scott,

Maybe it's just me, but I picked up on the first 4 words of your post - I hope your dad's okay... :? Met him at SC event - nice guy with a really interesting history (or was that Hunt's dad ;)).

Peter

racer
08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Met him at SC event - nice guy with a really interesting history (or was that Hunt's dad ;)).

You mean Hunt's Father in-law ;)

good hands
08-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi, Scott,

Maybe it's just me, but I picked up on the first 4 words of your post - I hope your dad's okay... :? Met him at SC event - nice guy with a really interesting history (or was that Hunt's dad ;)).

Peter

Thank you for asking. Just old age setting in. The car sets very low and i don't think he could get in if he tried :shock: After a hip replacement, and knee replacements i think he better stick to driving his big sedan.

good hands
08-10-2007, 07:14 PM
car is now on ebay. an amazing amount of interest.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-sonett-73-Saab-Sonett-sports-car-no-reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6438QQihZ016QQi temZ260148175805QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

smdubovsky
08-11-2007, 07:03 AM
FWIW, You should take more pics of the engine bay / trunks / underside / etc to add to the auction. When buying a car on ebay a buyer can't inspect. Therefore to get the highest price the seller should show as much as a typical buyer would want to see to be comfortable w/ the purchase. Think of the things that YOUD want to see if buying a car. Just trying to help out.

Example: Doesn't the sonnet use a goofball 'V' front caliper design? I'd take a pic (if they look nice) to show condition. But, don't show detail pics if things aren't in better then average condition.

SMD

good hands
08-11-2007, 10:03 AM
FWIW, You should take more pics of the engine bay / trunks / underside / etc to add to the auction. When buying a car on ebay a buyer can't inspect. Therefore to get the highest price the seller should show as much as a typical buyer would want to see to be comfortable w/ the purchase. Think of the things that YOUD want to see if buying a car. Just trying to help out.

Example: Doesn't the sonnet use a goofball 'V' front caliper design? I'd take a pic (if they look nice) to show condition. But, don't show detail pics if things aren't in better then average condition.

SMD

thanks. just added more pictures

good hands
08-17-2007, 09:21 PM
High bidder on Ebay says he was coming to pick up car tonight. Instead of picking it up he gives it the twice over and backs out saying it wasn't what he thought it was. WTF ? He had every opportunity to inspect the car before bidding. The guy lives in friggin Great Falls and is an owner of a Saab repair shop. People just suck.