PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade / Some other stuff

admin
11-15-2006, 12:20 PM
You have been upgraded to Vbulletin 3.5.6 for the time being until the MySQL upgrade is complete at which point the board will be moved to vbulletin 3.6.3 or higher if available.

BE Aware:

You are running in a different directory so some of the images / smiles / avatar stuff is broken until the final upgrade is complete. This is not a permanent situation.

I.E. 7.0 doesn't work well with the installed version of vbulletin 3.5.6 but should work correctly with 3.6.3

I am considering moving the gallery again back to the menalto gallery from the vbadvanced version because the vbadvanced one in my opinion stinks. This is contingient on embedding options and full support (i.e. image choosing inline with posting). This works on my blog so should be a viable option here.

Sorry for the outage, the board was severely... severely out of date and becoming a potential hacker threat.

No I don't regularly monitor this forum other than from an adminstrative stand point.

If you have additional questions I will be monitoring this thread for the time being.

admin
11-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Re-opened.

admin
11-16-2006, 10:34 AM
At this point the major portion of the upgrade is done.

The board is now at the most recent version of vbulletin.

I won't offer a lot of detail, but there was a major under the hood overhaul as well.

Please post issue you encounter here with the exception of the avatars. I am aware that they are not working correctly.

FYI in the future if you get a database error please be patient. Every time you hit it afterward you are generating email to me. I got over 100 in a very short span before I had to hide the directory. This is very annoying because it causes my phone to go nutso.

thanks,

wludavid
11-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Can we turn the 'quick reply' back on by default? As it stands now I have to click on 'Post Reply' and then go to another screen to post something.

admin
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Sure this must be a feature inside the Admin Control Panel. This is probably something better to defer to JazzBass as he is the real admin.

V/R,
Geoffrey

Mackliet
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Not sure if this is a database error or not, but when I click on Forums, I get this error:

HTTP 404 - File not found

It is trying to go to this URL:

http://www.dorkiphus.com/porsche/http://www.dorkiphus.com/index.php?

admin
11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks,

I haven't rebuilt the CMPS portion of the site at this point. Should be done today as well...

Site may seem slow. The search and thumbnails are being rebuilt.

-Geoffrey