Motorsportsreg want ad - Page 2 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Classifieds > Professional Help » Motorsportsreg want ad

Professional Help Post local shops and businesses you trust and recommend.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:34 PM

pukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951 View Post
Ha, I once had a Fortune 100 client who had a guy who singlehandedly developed + ran a mission-critical, automated rules engine (written in many millions of lines of C). Needless to say, jokes about getting "hit by a bus" abounded.
Yikes! Hopefully that company mentioned that guy in their K and Q filings as a going concern!

I'd estimate 10% of the clubs, race tracks and sanctioning bodies we sign on come to us after their existing webmaster/tech person moves on, rotates off or just stops responding.

What's been particularly satisfying over the past several years is seeing the 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation of volunteers come online since a group started with MSR. We get to jumpstart them with a process and workflow so they don't start from scratch when their predecessor leaves since they don't always have a good handoff and it keeps the snowball rolling downhill.

I'll ask the designer if there's a nice way of putting a school bus in our marketing material.

Brian