Dorkiphus.net - View Single Post - Just how bad is Summit Point's pavement?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM

APKhaos

I've been on the phone and email with SP for what seems like forever on this, and so have the folks from NASA and SCCA.

The good news is that BSR has done a terrific job on the repaving work. I was out there today, and all the problem areas have been thoroughly ground out and repaved with quality polymer and aggregate. The transitions onto and off the newly paved sections are seamless as far as I could see without actually driving it. Pics below.

To give you an early taste of the new surface, we've now added an Advanced DE group to the 3-5 October Club Race schedule. If you are in White, Black, or Red run group with Potomac, you will be receiving an email in teh next 24 hours with all the details. The schedule is four run session per day for three days, non-instructed drivers only. Having seen how successful this advanced DE group was at the Zone 2 Club Race a VIR, I'm confident that it will be a great addition for our race. Space is limited to 40 drivers, and registration is open NOW at the PCAP DE registration site. Bragging rights are sure to be earned at this event, of course.

OK, so here are some pics:

T1 Turn-in

T1 Apex

T2

T5 Turn-in

T5 Apex

T6

T7

As you can see, the entire line from turn-in at T5 through to the section between T7 &T8 has been repaved. Very niiiice!
85 Carrera - Sold
TrackVision
944Cup