PDA

View Full Version : Tech for VIR

Vicegrip
08-29-2005, 06:58 PM
The Tech inspection will be at a completely new shop for Potomac PCA this coming weekend. The local Porsche shops we usually frequent are all closed for labor day or busy supporting cars at races. We will be holding the tech inspection for the VIR event at the Taj Garage in Falls Church VA. This is a small local shop that has only one lift and a dubious reputation. We will stage the inspections to keep things flowing along. The shop is located in a residential area so please be nice to the locals while driving in the area. If you have to trailer you car please contact me before hand and we will make arrangements for unloading and loading.
Everything else is the same, all are welcome, no appointments required. Feel free to stop by, hang out and talk Porsche. Coffee and fat pills in the a.m. and pizza at noon, cool cars all day.

DETAILS
Date/ September 3 2005
Time/ 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where/ The Taj Garage.
Directions From 495 in VA Take the RT 7 Tyson’s/ Falls Church exit towards Falls Church. At the first light after you pass under Rt 66 turn left onto Haycock. Turn left onto Westmoreland street. Go about 100 yards and turn right onto Orland street. There will be signs for the shop on the right.

Questions? Please contact Kurt Mickelwait at tech@pcapotomac.org or (703) 534-8153

VaSteve
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Kurt
I have never heard of this location. Can you please be more elaborate? :D

Trak Ratt
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
It’s a great shop but like so many others parking can be a BEAR! I hear the owner/operator is in the final stages of becoming a certified “curmudgeon.”

APKhaos
08-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech for VIR at the Taj??? Now THATs going above and beyond the call of duty!

The line might extend over to my place. Do you want to set up my lift at your shop for the day??

racer
08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
The local Porsche shops we usually frequent are all closed for memorial day or busy supporting cars at races.

Shoot, it's springtime already? When is the Indy 500? mmm memorial day.

While I don't know the Taj place, it sounds like someone DID go above and beyond to make things happen. While not attending the event, I would say thanks to the pca tech chair for playing host.

Trak Ratt
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
The line might extend over to my place. Do you want to set up my lift at your shop for the day??
If the answer is yes count me in for manuel labor! Day or evening (I work for the Gov, except for the lack of snoring they’re never notice I’m gone).

Don Wohlfarth
08-29-2005, 07:38 PM
It’s a great shop but like so many others parking can be a BEAR! I hear the owner/operator is in the final stages of becoming a certified “curmudgeon.”
Oh pleeeeze........he's still operating with training wheels.

Jazzbass
08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow Kurt... you trying to get divorced already? You haven't been married that long. :)

Vicegrip
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Shoot, it's springtime already? When is the Indy 500? mmm memorial day.

Oops. Duh, that is what I get for trying to use cut and paste. By the time I was done the only thing left was an F up!